The Student Room Group

Exams are over. Lost purpose of life?

Now that my exams are over, I don't have anything to do except game.
I'm homeschooled and all of my friends live a good bit away.
Any ideas on what to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ExamsAreOver
Any ideas on what to do?

If you've sat for your GCSEs, then you could pretty much chill and relax. Start watching a few new shows (I'd recommend Silicon valley on HBO). You could also start looking into uni apps (that is only if you wanna go to the US). Maybe volunteer at a shelter, or go camping with your mates?
If you've done your AS, then do as above plus think of reading books you could find helpful to add to your personal statement (e.g. if you wanna do PPE, read Plato's republic), basically think of some way to craft up the bullsh*t for the 'motivation to do the course' part of your application.
If you've finished you're A2......don't rub it in, I've got 5 papers left :cry::cry:
Any ideas on what to do?

I feel the same since I'm on a gap year. I'd say perhaps look into some of the A level subjects you'd be interested in studying and get a head start on them I.e if you plan on doing maths start learning C1 maths now though very light work so you don't burn out.

My best suggestion would be go outside and try find a hobby you enjoy I.e working out or something since a healthy body = healthy mind. :yep:
Original post by ssshah2
If you've sat for your GCSEs, then you could pretty much chill and relax. Start watching a few new shows (I'd recommend Silicon valley on HBO). You could also start looking into uni apps (that is only if you wanna go to the US). Maybe volunteer at a shelter, or go camping with your mates?
If you've done your AS, then do as above plus think of reading books you could find helpful to add to your personal statement (e.g. if you wanna do PPE, read Plato's republic), basically think of some way to craft up the bullsh*t for the 'motivation to do the course' part of your application.
If you've finished you're A2......don't rub it in, I've got 5 papers left :cry::cry:

IGCSE's. Yeah about the camping part, I live in Karachi, it's not exactly the best place to go camping. I'm thinking about reading some books and watching some tv shows/ movies.
Thanks.
Yea now Imma have to find a blooming job :colonhash: lol seriously though
IGCSE's. Yeah about the camping part, I live in Karachi, it's not exactly the best place to go camping. I'm thinking about reading some books and watching some tv shows/ movies.
Thanks.

wtf is karachi mate?
Original post by 0to100
wtf is karachi mate?

You know, just the second most populous city in the world.

Actually the 12th :tongue:

I second reading books, both fiction and to do with the subjects you want to do at A level :smile:
Original post by Poooky

I second reading books, both fiction and to do with the subjects you want to do at A level :smile:

The first Google result is wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population
www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/bigcities.htm
Original post by Poooky

I'm not going to do A Levels. I'm going to do whatever you do when you're 15 years old in Canada.

I stand corrected then :smile: Though that genuinely surprises me! Though it also states "This definition (of city proper) does not give an accurate picture of the urban area or metropolitan area of cities"
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not going to do A Levels. I'm going to do whatever you do when you're 15 years old in Canada.

Oh I see! Is there any reason you did GCSEs then? :smile:
Original post by Poooky
Oh I see! Is there any reason you did GCSEs then? :smile:

In Karachi, the education system sucks, so I took IGCSE's from the British Council. However, now that were moving back to Canada, I'll be doing the Canadian Qualification.
In Karachi, the education system sucks, so I took IGCSE's from the British Council. However, now that were moving back to Canada, I'll be doing the Canadian Qualification.

That must be slightly frustrating :frown: Either way I guess you could do some preparation for whatever qualification you'll need to do in Canada, it never hurts to know what to expect :smile: Though relax and do nothing for a week or two, I'm sure you deserve rest after finishing your exams!
Original post by Poooky
That must be slightly frustrating :frown: Either way I guess you could do some preparation for whatever qualification you'll need to do in Canada, it never hurts to know what to expect :smile: Though relax and do nothing for a week or two, I'm sure you deserve rest after finishing your exams!

Haha thanks :biggrin:

Never heard of it till now is all I'm saying. Googled and it's in Pakistan. Yea no idea bout life there but good luck and all.
You sound like me except I live in the middle east(born in canada though) and im pakistani as well. Im homeschooled and just finished my a levels this semester at the age of 15 (not bragging just saying im the same age as you). So bored during ramadan especially in canada since you cant go anywhere without getting tired. Now im just waiting for my results so i can go to uni :smile: If you play css let me know.
Original post by danman582
You sound like me except I live in the middle east(born in canada though) and im pakistani as well. Im homeschooled and just finished my a levels this semester at the age of 15 (not bragging just saying im the same age as you). So bored during ramadan especially in canada since you cant go anywhere without getting tired. Now im just waiting for my results so i can go to uni :smile: If you play css let me know.

You finishwd your A levels at 15?! Impressive. Do you use Steam to game? If so, you can add me, http://steamcommunity.com/id/kumail
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Sign up for free online courses in whatever. (Shaw academy and Alison have some decent ones).
Read
Volunteer
Plan for your future
Plant some trees/plants/veg whatever
De-clutter your room
Write a novel
Decorate your room (paint/rearrange furniture/buy new furniture etc)
Do some DIY / wood work (start with something easy though if you're new to it)
Do a new hobby
Learn how to stargaze and stuff.
Watch netflix/putlocker
lift some weights
get a gf (she'll take up some time)
Build a computer
Sell stuff on ebay
Get a job.
Original post by donte
Sign up for free online courses in whatever. (Shaw academy and Alison have some decent ones).
Read
Volunteer
Plan for your future
Plant some trees/plants/veg whatever
De-clutter your room
Write a novel
Decorate your room (paint/rearrange furniture/buy new furniture etc)
Do some DIY / wood work (start with something easy though if you're new to it)
Do a new hobby
Learn how to stargaze and stuff.
Watch netflix/putlocker
lift some weights
get a gf (she'll take up some time)
Build a computer
Sell stuff on ebay
Get a job.

Sign up for free online courses in whatever. (Shaw academy and Alison have some decent ones). ✓Read ✓Volunteer ✘Plan for your future ✘Plant some trees/plants/veg whatever ✓De-clutter your room ✓Write a novel ✘Decorate your room (paint/rearrange furniture/buy new furniture etc) ✓Do some DIY / wood work (start with something easy though if you're new to it) ✓Do a new hobby ✘Learn how to stargaze and stuff. ✘Watch netflix/putlocker ✘lift some weights ✘get a gf (she'll take up some time) ✘Build a computer ✓Sell stuff on ebay ✘Get a job ✘Thanks, ill try some. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest