The Student Room Group

Postgradaute finance loan!!

Hi there,

I will be moving over to the UK in September to start my Masters in LJMU. I am living in the Republic of Ireland and have been ordinarily resident there for the last number of years. I don't live in the UK at the moment and have never resided there. I already rang the student finance number and was talking to a man who said that because I am an EU student and ordinarily resident in the EU I would be eligible for the postgraduate loan.

I am just writing on this thread as I need to be 100% sure I will get the loan, otherwise I'll have to try take a loan out of my Irish bank branch which I will have to do as soon as I know. According to the man I spoke to, once you apply you basically get it?? Is this correct or is there any small possibility at all that I could be turned down?

Please get back to me asap!!
EU students are eligible for the postgraduate loan if they're doing a master's at a university in England, yes. You won't be turned down. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/1986/schedule/1/made (scroll down to EU nationals).
Reply 2
So ill definitely be approved if i apply?sorry ic I sound annoying but its just over here in ireland if u need a grant/loan you need payslips/proof of income nd savings before they will approve someone. And its extremely hard to get approved. Alot of people end up dropping out as they cant afford the costs.
I just thought it might b d same in d uk. I mean would being unemployed have any effect on getting d loan.thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Karendwyer92
So ill definitely be approved if i apply?

Yes.
Reply 4
Oh ok cool. Seems like a pretty good way of getting people to go and further their education in England. Thanks
Reply 5
Another question will britain leaving the eu affect my eligibility as an eu student getting d poatgrad finance loan???disaster
Original post by Karendwyer92
Another question will britain leaving the eu affect my eligibility as an eu student getting d poatgrad finance loan???disaster

We won't leave the EU for at least 2 years. If you're going to be taking out a postgrad loan in that time, you won't be affected by the Leave vote.
Reply 7
Are you certain about that?i dont want to have to pay inernational student fees no way can I afford that. What a disaster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending