The Student Room Group

Percentage of applicants receiving offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joddcfc
Thanks for the info - how did you find about York and Sheffield being in clearing? I think York have lowered their requirements from A*AA/AAA to just AAA if that affects anything

Because I have copies of the last three Daily Telegraph results day supplement.
Original post by joddcfc
So out of Warwick, Nottingham, York, Leeds and Sheffield would you suggest perhaps dropping one of Leeds/York (both AAA) for a "better" uni like Bath?
Out of my current five, Warwick is the only one that explicitly asks for A*AA (Nottingham is A*AA/AAA - not sure which tends to be the more common offer), although I am uncertain whether I could get A*AA as it stands - don't think my school will give me predictions until September so it's guesswork on my part really. Anyway thanks for the help :smile:

Yeah I think the number of people like you in this thread saying not to get worried must mean something! I plan to send summer perhaps getting 2 well respected economics books read which should help me with my application. I admire your optimism, best of luck for the next few months applying anyway

Yeah, honestly there is enough stress during applying for university without worrying about the odds, look at Leicester winning the premiere league, that was against the odds aha. Many people get into great universities with lower grades than the entry requirements anyway so your grades should be more than good enough. :h: And yeah, same I am going to be reading books on politics in the near future too and getting work experience, though I'm very nervous for writing a personal statement! :afraid: And yeah, I'm nervous but gotta be optimistic! I'm more nervous for this years exam results anyway right now. :redface:
Reply 22
Original post by ageshallnot
Because I have copies of the last three Daily Telegraph results day supplement.

Ah right, fair enough, cheers for the help 👍🏻

Original post by Shadow Hunters
Yeah, honestly there is enough stress during applying for university without worrying about the odds, look at Leicester winning the premiere league, that was against the odds aha. Many people get into great universities with lower grades than the entry requirements anyway so your grades should be more than good enough. :h: And yeah, same I am going to be reading books on politics in the near future too and getting work experience, though I'm very nervous for writing a personal statement! :afraid: And yeah, I'm nervous but gotta be optimistic! I'm more nervous for this years exam results anyway right now. :redface:

I'm fairly nervous for AS results day too tbh, especially with 2 of the 3 subjects I'm continuing with at A2 "counting" towards the overall grade. There's all summer plus more to work on the personal statement so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you
Original post by joddcfc
Ah right, fair enough, cheers for the help 👍🏻

I'm fairly nervous for AS results day too tbh, especially with 2 of the 3 subjects I'm continuing with at A2 "counting" towards the overall grade. There's all summer plus more to work on the personal statement so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you

Yeah it's very nerve wracking especially with how long we have to wait! :frown: And ah I'm in Scotland and we only do one year courses but your predictions are very encouraging, mine are pessimistic even though my mocks were good! :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Yeah it's very nerve wracking especially with how long we have to wait! :frown: And ah I'm in Scotland and we only do one year courses but your predictions are very encouraging, mine are pessimistic even though my mocks were good! :s-smilie:

After good mocks have some faith!
International students
Reply 26
Original post by ELCABENA.
International students

At which universities? For which courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Hi
I'm a mature student, currently in 2nd year of HND Social Sciences at college. Last year I achieved A in HNC graded unit, with AA predicted this year. I've applied to study social work at Glasgow Caledonian (GCU) and University of the West of Scotland (UWS), applying to both for 1st and 2nd year entry at both. Back up is 3rd year social sciences entry at GCU. So far, no offers for any of these choices. Have been invited for group interview at both these universities, and attended the one at GCU 2 weeks ago. At this event, they informed us that they had 1100 applicants and were interviewing 220 for an eventual 50 course places, for 1st year entry. They also have 12 places for 2nd year entry this year. Can you give me any indication of how many offers they are likely to make? I purposely did not apply for Glasgow, Edinburgh or Strathclyde universities as the social work course is even more competitive at these universities. Thank you for reading.
Reply 28
Original post by elrond
Hi
I'm a mature student, currently in 2nd year of HND Social Sciences at college. Last year I achieved A in HNC graded unit, with AA predicted this year. I've applied to study social work at Glasgow Caledonian (GCU) and University of the West of Scotland (UWS), applying to both for 1st and 2nd year entry at both. Back up is 3rd year social sciences entry at GCU. So far, no offers for any of these choices. Have been invited for group interview at both these universities, and attended the one at GCU 2 weeks ago. At this event, they informed us that they had 1100 applicants and were interviewing 220 for an eventual 50 course places, for 1st year entry. They also have 12 places for 2nd year entry this year. Can you give me any indication of how many offers they are likely to make? I purposely did not apply for Glasgow, Edinburgh or Strathclyde universities as the social work course is even more competitive at these universities. Thank you for reading.

Which? University has offer rates per course:

UWS 25% offer rate for Social Work
https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-the-west-of-scotland-u40/social-work-ba-hons-4-years-7250-l500

Glasgow 12%
https://university.which.co.uk/glasgow-caledonian-university-g42/social-work-4-years-9250-l500

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending