The Student Room Group

I'm 23 and he's 20 - is it weird?

Would you think it weird if you knew a 23 year old girl dating a 20 year old guy? It's early days but I do really like him. I am self-conscious though about the fact I'm older... and how others are going to see it if we get into a relationship. A part of me is paranoid he might want me for lad points (because of my age).
So yeah - please be honest in your replies, and not just PC because you think you should.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Not really, age gaps become less of a thing as you grow older (for obvious reasons)
No. And I've never known a guy at 20 to gloat about dating a 23-year-old. It's barely any difference in age nor a big deal.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you think it weird if you knew a 23 year old girl dating a 20 year old guy? It's early days but I do really like him. I am self-conscious though about the fact I'm older... and how others are going to see it if we get into a relationship. A part of me is paranoid he might want me for lad points (because of my age).
So yeah - please be honest in your replies, and not just PC because you think you should.
Thanks

There's nothing wrong with that
Reply 4
Half your age (23/2=11.5) plus seven (11.5+7=18.5) is the minimum non-creepy age you can date, so yes, 23 and 20 is absolutely fine
My girlfriend is 16 and im 20. So I dont think its weird at all
Reply 6
My girlfriend is 16 and im 20. So I dont think its weird at all

That is a tad weird mate
Thanks

I don't think it's weird at all.

And if you like him, why would you care if other people thought it was weird anyway?
Original post by __0__
That is a tad weird mate

How is it? Im into really younger women as I feel like I can fully dominate younger women sexually. Plus its only 1 more year than OPs relationship so it shouldnt really matter
Reply 9
How is it? Im into really younger women as I feel like I can fully dominate younger women sexually. Plus its only 1 more year than OPs relationship so it shouldnt really matter

Because that's borderline paedophilia, that's why. OP's relationship is between two consenting adults.

Out of interest, how long have you been together?
No, not at all.
Original post by __0__
Because that's borderline paedophilia, that's why. OP's relationship is between two consenting adults.

Out of interest, how long have you been together?

For 2 months. And it doesnt really matter if its an adult. If a 16 year old is allowed to have (great) sex, why does it matter if she is an adult.

Right........

For 2 months. And it doesnt really matter if its an adult. If a 16 year old is allowed to have (great) sex, why does it matter if she is an adult.

RIIIIIIIIIGHT..............................
Original post by RDKGames
Right........

RIIIIIIIIIGHT..............................

Ok sorry christian lmao
No it's not weird at all, as long as your happy and can push all reservations aside then it can work. If you have to ask people if they find it weird or not, then maybe you find it weird in general?
we were 18 and 22 when we got together, and our age difference has never been a problem :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
we were 18 and 22 when we got together, and our age difference has never been a problem :smile:

Yeah! the other guys think my relationship is weird because shes 16 and im 20. I mean I didnt have too much time to spend with her because of GCSE's and now people think I should just dump her?
Yeah! the other guys think my relationship is weird because shes 16 and im 20. I mean I didnt have too much time to spend with her because of GCSE's and now people think I should just dump her?

I guess it boils down to how mature she is, i guess its slightly different when one of you isnt an adult yet i suppose.

It's not just the age difference (the number) but the actual ages - you have to factor in too. I'm not saying whether your situation is right or wrong, but you can't directly compare it to the OP's.

You sound creepy. Really creepy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending