The Student Room Group

Will my grades get me conditional offers?

Hi guys,

so, I am about to finish off my AS exams this friday (D1 exam) and then I will be applying for universities, hoping to get an offer from one of them, atleast.

I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and IT.
I am predicted to get AABB for these subjects, but honestly I am not sure what I will be getting for physics, worst case scenario a C.. hopefully not a D. (DO REMEMBER THESE ARE AS GRADES NOT A2).

Anyway, I want to study Computer Science once I leave college and I want to apply to:

Imperial and UCL but I still haven't made my mind up for the other ones as I'd like to stay close to where I love (North London) and to be honest there aren't many great universities here apart from Imperial, UCL maybe Kings College and Queen Mary.

I don't know if Imperial will even look at my application and not sure if UCL will accept me either since both of those universities expect high grades..

So should I just accept my grades and expect not to go to 'not so top tier' uni ..?

Thank you
Original post by CemG
Hi guys,

so, I am about to finish off my AS exams this friday (D1 exam) and then I will be applying for universities, hoping to get an offer from one of them, atleast.

I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and IT.
I am predicted to get AABB for these subjects, but honestly I am not sure what I will be getting for physics, worst case scenario a C.. hopefully not a D. (DO REMEMBER THESE ARE AS GRADES NOT A2).

Anyway, I want to study Computer Science once I leave college and I want to apply to:

Imperial and UCL but I still haven't made my mind up for the other ones as I'd like to stay close to where I love (North London) and to be honest there aren't many great universities here apart from Imperial, UCL maybe Kings College and Queen Mary.

I don't know if Imperial will even look at my application and not sure if UCL will accept me either since both of those universities expect high grades..

So should I just accept my grades and expect not to go to 'not so top tier' uni ..?

Thank you

It's definitely still worth applying to a top university, especially one like Imperial that interviews as they can afford to make more interview invites than offers! I applied to unis with 2 Bs at as level and got offers from 4 Russell group unis. It helps if your gcse grades are really good to support the application but I certainly wouldn't definitely rule yourself out by not applying!
CS is very popular and both Imperial and UCL have way too many applicants
A grade C in anything would look quite bad..
Anyway it's true you shouldn't rule yourself out by not applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending