The Student Room Group

Prom-HELP!

Ok so my prom is TONIGHT, and i have found out that the dress i have (super glittery and everything) is the same dress that one of the popular girls had last year!!! I am so embarrassed and scared to go now...because two other girls in my year have also got dresses the popular girls had last year and people are saying stuff like omg didnt so and so buy the same dress as connie and megan?! I'm so worried and embarrassed! :frown:
Why would you be embarrassed? It really isn't much of an issue, you are making a big deal out of nothing.
Reply 2
Original post by Michelle15
Ok so my prom is TONIGHT, and i have found out that the dress i have (super glittery and everything) is the same dress that one of the popular girls had last year!!! I am so embarrassed and scared to go now...because two other girls in my year have also got dresses the popular girls had last year and people are saying stuff like omg didnt so and so buy the same dress as connie and megan?! I'm so worried and embarrassed! :frown:

Who cares... Literally that makes no difference what so ever. You're acting a tad childish, not to offend you, but literally no one will care
Reply 3
Doesn't matter, just wear it. After the prom & results day you probably wont see most of the people from your school anyway.
Don't attend.

This happened at my school, honestly on the night NOBODY CARES ! Plus different shaped bodies make the dresses look different. The dress will look different on each one of you. PLEASE don't worry, enjoy your night :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by im.a.witch
This happened at my school, honestly on the night NOBODY CARES ! Plus different shaped bodies make the dresses look different. The dress will look different on each one of you. PLEASE don't worry, enjoy your night :wink:

thank you, this made me feel a bit better! i get nervous over everthing because of anxiety so just needed reassurance! x
thank you, this made me feel a bit better! i get nervous over everthing because of anxiety so just needed reassurance! x

I know the feeling. Honestly hun don't even think on it. You will look fabulous no matter what. Remember to breathe and enjoy yourself you only get 1 prom :wink:
I get that you may feel embarrassed right now, but once you get ready and in the prom mood, it won't even matter. Don't let this ruin your prom night who cares about connie and whoever lol.
Really? Honestly, no one really cares and if they do notice then just suck it up because it's your night to celebrate with your friends after 5 years at your school! Just have fun tonight!

Quick Reply

Latest