The Student Room Group

PwC consulting

Hi,
I have just graduated from Cambridge and have a graduate job with PwC in management consultancy. I had a go at applying to bcg/Bain/McKinsey this year but was unsuccessful. I'm concerned that by going to PwC my opportunities to move into strategy are limited, particularly where strategy& is a more seperate part of the organisation.

Is it silly for me to think I can take the job while building experience to apply for oc and c, Bain etc in a few years? Or shall I defer a year to reapply now? How much movement across strategy and management is there?
Original post by starryskie
Hi,
I have just graduated from Cambridge and have a graduate job with PwC in management consultancy. I had a go at applying to bcg/Bain/McKinsey this year but was unsuccessful. I'm concerned that by going to PwC my opportunities to move into strategy are limited, particularly where strategy& is a more seperate part of the organisation.

Is it silly for me to think I can take the job while building experience to apply for oc and c, Bain etc in a few years? Or shall I defer a year to reapply now? How much movement across strategy and management is there?

From a few friends, it's been done. Albeit, somewhat more rare and it makes more sense to wedge an MBA in the career track but experienced hires at the strat houses have traded up from prior firms.

As for movement between Strat& and MC, can't really comment on it but I'd imagine with some networking graft it would be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending