The Student Room Group

What to do with feet at junctions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
His advice is actually really good if you're in the middle of a queue - gives you more chance to react to the guy in front stalling. However I only do that in slow moving traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question was for what to do at a junction 👌🏻
Original post by Alextaylor6
So when a red light turns green, you just lift your foot up, move away slower than a turtle and pray that you rant on a slope or you will stall, nice advise mate

No... I'm not even saying you should move with no gas. Maybe if you read the damn posts in the first place you would've understood that, but evidently, that's a bit of a hard task for you. Damn tool.

My original points were:

- You don't need gas to HOLD the car still with the clutch
- You don't always need gas to move off.
Original post by TheMcSame
No... I'm not even saying you should move with no gas. Maybe if you read the damn posts in the first place you would've understood that, but evidently, that's a bit of a hard task for you. Damn tool.

My original points were:

- You don't need gas to HOLD the car still with the clutch
- You don't always need gas to move off.

the question was about a junction and if you try to pull away with just your clutch, you are going to cause an accident
Reply 23
The question was for what to do at a junction 👌🏻

You can still be in a queue at a junction...

Posted from TSR Mobile
the question was about a junction and if you try to pull away with just your clutch, you are going to cause an accident

-You said you'll stall if you hold the car at the biting point (not true)

-I correct you, and also throw in an example of when you don't need to use gas at all to get moving, further disproving your original post. Not once saying that's how you should drive all the time

-Someone else sticks their nose in and thinks I'm talking about saving fuel.

-I throw in examples of when 'gasless' movement would be useful, specifically mentioning times when you're moving slowly (traffic and maneuvers)

-You come back in with the dumb assumption that I'm saying you should move with just the clutch at traffic lights (So all junctions are now controlled by traffic lights eh?)

Now please, point out where I so much as imply that you should always set off with no gas.
The whole biting point thing is really beyond consideration. It's kinda the minimum amount of accelerator that you'd need. Just apply a bit more and give it a smooth transition between clutch/accelerator (left foot up, right foot down) and you'll be pulling off easy. Never be afraid to use too much of the accelerator.
Original post by Juno
So why not say brake then clutch if that's what you meant?

The way you wrote it is wrong, and trying to justify it doesn't change that

Chill out man!

They can type how they want to!
Leave them alone!
That was uncalled for!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending