The Student Room Group

PwC private medical benefit

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but I have got on offer from PwC and one of the perks is "private medical benefit". I was just wondering if anyone who works for PwC tell me what this covers?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Mtg97
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but I have got on offer from PwC and one of the perks is "private medical benefit". I was just wondering if anyone who works for PwC tell me what this covers?

Thanks

From googling it it seems it's with axxa ppp insurance.
Basically if you get a referal from a doctor you can get it to a private hospital (AXXA choses the hospital and books your appointment). It covers basically everything- routine ENT visits to surgery- as long as it is not a condition from birth (so things like dyslexia or ADHD are not covered. I believe there is a £100 excess for each year you use it. It covers the initial appointment and any diagnostic tests from that and then you just need to get anything else approved by them.
I have used AXXA a good few times for mental health conditions, thyroid issues and even surgery and they are good. I was sent to nice places with good reviews and i've never had any issues with it. Biggest advantage for me was they will book you any part of the country so I wasn't stuck having to go home whe I was at uni. They usually also get you booked in within 2 weeks so that's great compared to the months you could be waiting on teh NHS.
Reply 2
Original post by Kindred
From googling it it seems it's with axxa ppp insurance.
Basically if you get a referal from a doctor you can get it to a private hospital (AXXA choses the hospital and books your appointment). It covers basically everything- routine ENT visits to surgery- as long as it is not a condition from birth (so things like dyslexia or ADHD are not covered. I believe there is a £100 excess for each year you use it. It covers the initial appointment and any diagnostic tests from that and then you just need to get anything else approved by them.
I have used AXXA a good few times for mental health conditions, thyroid issues and even surgery and they are good. I was sent to nice places with good reviews and i've never had any issues with it. Biggest advantage for me was they will book you any part of the country so I wasn't stuck having to go home whe I was at uni. They usually also get you booked in within 2 weeks so that's great compared to the months you could be waiting on teh NHS.

Thanks for your help Kindred.

Quick Reply

Latest