The Student Room Group

Suicide bombing near Saudi 2nd holiest Masjid

Shocking news about suicide bombers in one day:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36706761

Four people have been killed and five injured after a suicide bombing at the mosque where Muhammad is buried, one of Islam's holiest sites. This proves ISIS target any religion yes even Islam. These terrorists are not Muslims, not human and they are monsters. Together we need to stay strong and join together (Chrsitians, atheists, jews, Muslims, Buddhists and all religions and races) to stand against ISIS. We need to stop them before they start bombing other holiest cities. I pray they dont bomb near Kaaba in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.

Please no haters please (english is not my first language) thank you

Scroll to see replies

inb4 'but isis are muzlims thay fallow the quran'

Muslims bombing muslims, seems legit.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mercuryman

Muslims bombing muslims, seems legit.

Spoiler

Look up 'shia and sunni'.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Look up 'shia and sunni'.

Muslims killing muslims (in their holy city during their holy month), seems legit.
Original post by Ordo
Chrsitians, atheists, jews, Muslims, Buddhists and all religions and races to stand against ISIS.

When 'muslims' stop killing Christians, atheists, jews, Muslims, Buddhists with a gay abandon around the world then perhaps we will

But the first thing is muslims need to accept this is their issue and always has been (as I doubt this is the first time muslims have attacked this area)
(edited 7 years ago)
And can I just add as a radical atheist the country and all its people can burn to the ground for all I care given they would kill me for simply not believing in their fake god
Saudi ArabiaMain article: Irreligion in Saudi Arabia
Atheism is prohibited in Saudi Arabia and can come with a death penalty, if one is charged as an atheist.

Why should I offer any sympathy or support for these people

/Rant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_atheists
Original post by BaconandSauce
And can I just add as a radical atheist the country and all its people can burn to the ground for all I care given they would kill me for simply not believing in their fake god
Atheism is prohibited in Saudi Arabia and can come with a death penalty, if one is charged as an atheist.

/Ran

To be fair, not all Saudi people support the laws in Saudi Arabia. Plus at this time of year, Saudi is home to many foreign visitors. As much as I vehemently oppose Saudi Arabia, I wouldn't want to wish any ills upon the people who live there.

I do however think that Muslims silence regarding these laws in countries like Saudi Arabia is a problem though. Maybe I am wrong, but I have yet to see any active Sunni Muslim on TSR criticise or condemn Saudi Arabia's laws on freedom of belief and their treatment of atheists.
Original post by The Epicurean
To be fair, not all Saudi people support the laws in Saudi Arabia. Plus at this time of year, Saudi is home to many foreign visitors. As much as I vehemently oppose Saudi Arabia, I wouldn't want to wish any ills upon the people who live there.

I do however think that Muslims silence regarding these laws in countries like Saudi Arabia is a problem though. Maybe I am wrong, but I have yet to see any active Sunni Muslim on TSR criticise or condemn Saudi Arabia's laws on freedom of belief and their treatment of atheists.

When I see protests to change the law then I'll accept this argument until then I have no sympathy for those who would simply want to see me killed and asking for my 'support' for some reason has really pissed me off this morning

So they can go.............

(sorry as you can see my normal patient attitude is wearing thin today) .
Reply 8

/Rant

Mostly agree
I can't keep up with all the attacks now. Turkey, Iraq, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia... I wouldn't be surprised if another attack happened today somewhere (although there was a suicide bomber in Indonesia today but thankfully nobody was killed there and there was another in Thailand too I think).

When I see protests to change the law then I'll accept this argument until then I have no sympathy for those who would simply want to see me killed and asking for my 'support' for some reason has really pissed me off this morning

So they can go.............

(sorry as you can see my normal patient attitude is wearing thin today) .

I'm not sure how easy it is to protest in Saudi Arabia. That is why I would say there is a greater onus on Western Muslims to speak up and protest. Saudi Arabia have a death penalty for being an atheist, but I've not heard anybody condemning Saudi Arabia and saying they aren't true Muslims.

I can definitely understand your frustration though.
I'm not sure how easy it is to protest in Saudi Arabia. That is why I would say there is a greater onus on Western Muslims to speak up and protest. Saudi Arabia have a death penalty for being an atheist, but I've not heard anybody condemning Saudi Arabia and saying they aren't true Muslims.

I can definitely understand your frustration though.

I suppose it's the lack of effort both there and in the west for Muslims to get this type of law changed or to even challenge the attitude is what I find so frustrating

To then ask for my support is 'the final nail' as they say!
(edited 7 years ago)
Maajid Nawaz hit the nail on the head again

https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/status/750086804242571265
Original post by tengentoppa

He really has hasn't he
Reply 13

You can protest in Saudi Arabia but you'd be beheaded for doing so.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/abdullah-al-zaher-saudi-arabia-is-about-to-behead-a-teenage-boy-for-attending-a-protest-aged-15-a6776696.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3253285/If-die-ve-happy-life-Astonishing-bravery-boy-faces-beheaded-crucified-Saudi-Arabia-taking-protest-17.html
Original post by tengentoppa

I was going to make that second point but I didn't know how to word it. Arguing that killing Muslims means they are not Muslims is to say that killing a Muslim is worse than killing a non-Muslim, and that one can be a Muslim and kill non-Muslims. It really is quite a disingenuous argument that doesn't help their case.
Muslims killing muslims (in their holy city during their holy month), seems legit.

Given that since the death of Muhammad, Musims are prone to sectarianism that makes the lot in Northen Ireland seem rational, yes it does seem legit. Muslims kill each other all the time for being the wrong kind of Muslim. What cave have you been living in?*
Original post by KimKallstrom
Given that since the death of Muhammad, Musims are prone to sectarianism that makes the lot in Northen Ireland seem rational, yes it does seem legit. Muslims kill each other all the time for being the wrong kind of Muslim. What cave have you been living in?*

That's like Catholics blowing up the Vatican. Or Jews throwing bombs in Jerusalem. The point I'm making is that it doesn't make sense that these Muslims are targeting and blowing up their holy land. You don't see BNP members blowing up English pubs do you? Because that would have irony written all over it, just like ISIS.

It's like you just copy and paste that comment into any thread where you see key words like 'Muslim' and 'kill' together.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's like Catholics blowing up the Vatican. Or Jews throwing bombs in Jerusalem. The point I'm making is that it doesn't make sense that these Muslims are targeting and blowing up their holy land. You don't see BNP members blowing up English pubs do you? Because that would have irony written all over it, just like ISIS.

It's like you just copy and paste that comment into any thread where you see key words like 'Muslim' and 'kill' together.

This is not the first time this area has been attached by other muslims nor is it he first time muslims would desecrated their own religious buildings

But if it wasn't muslims then who do you think it was?
(edited 7 years ago)

/Rant

Yeh, I agree with this. It's hard to be concerned for people that support gays, atheists, and adulterers being executed. The only people I care about in the KSA are the poor suckers who don't fit in with the majority of it's inhabitants.
Original post by KingBradly
Yeh, I agree with this. It's hard to be concerned for people that support gays, atheists, and adulterers being executed. The only people I care about in the KSA are the poor suckers who don't fit in with the majority of it's inhabitants.

I know

coming to us and asking for our support or empathy while supporting and allowing laws that would kill us is hypocrisy at its worst

But then to paraphrase Stephen Fry 'Religion I've **** it'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending