The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
Wade wants more money so he declines the 2 year £40mil. But then the only thing he can get offered by the Cavs owing to the salary cap is a taxpayer MLE.

...Yeah makes total sense :lol:

But then since he's meeting with the Cavs perhaps he doesn't care about the money. The Heat are offering what they can, but leaving to the Cavs for less makes little sense given he knows the Cavs cap situation. Can't see Lebron taking a pay cut either to facilitate it (Since I'm sure the NBAPA will have a fit about Lebron of all people not making the most money he can after the whole CBA thing).

Exactly my thoughts lol. Wade wanted more money, he aint gonna get that in Cleveland, doubt Lebron takes more discounts again. I think its just the banana boat bros holidaying together again :lol: *
Ayyy ya'll gon end up eating your words

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Ayyy ya'll gon end up eating your words

To re-sign for us :wink:
Original post by Malevolent
To re-sign for us :wink:

We'll see :wink:

LOL GS are going after Ray Allen! Man these guys... Just busting legends out of retirement coz yolo gotta win a chip, taking the 2016 loss hella hard :rofl:
Getting Zaza is good. David Lee in talks to come back too.

Dubs aside I'm looking forward to watching the Mavs. Bogut and Barnes linking up there, along with Seth Curry!
LOL GS are going after Ray Allen! Man these guys... Just busting legends out of retirement coz yolo gotta win a chip, taking the 2016 loss hella hard :rofl:

Might as well. If you're a vet who has all the money in the bank, why not say screw it, play on the cheap and go for another title. It's similar to Zaza in that he's a post 30 player who might as well go for it.

Makes sense given how appealing Golden State is at the moment. Excellent core of drafting (Curry/Klay/Green), management has managed to attract KD, and hold onto some key others (Linvingston, Iggy), so it's an attractive organisation to play for.

Original post by blackened_sky
Getting Zaza is good. David Lee in talks to come back too.

Dubs aside I'm looking forward to watching the Mavs. Bogut and Barnes linking up there, along with Seth Curry!

Should be interesting seeing how those two fare in Dallas for sure! I already miss big Bogut ;_:
It's been confirmed. David west has agreed to sign for the warriors
Pau Gasol to Spurs confirmed

NVM I'm a day late
(edited 7 years ago)
Apparently anyone will sign min for a ring. All they need is a wing and they have decent depth. Scary.

"But can they beat the 95-96 bulls"
Original post by MamzZass
Apparently anyone will sign min for a ring. All they need is a wing and they have decent depth. Scary.

"But can they beat the 95-96 bulls"

Now it's a legitimate question and I'd say yeah :frown: But do they have the championship pedigree MJ and co had to create a 3 peat dynasty is the question!
Reply 430

The article he wrote about personal growth. What a whole load of ********, evolution as a man? More like a cuck. :lol:

Well said :lol:
Also regarding the Wade to Cavs situation. It's a little shady but is it illegal for LeBron to be like 'You're my boy, I just signed a contract worth a billion, I'll give you 10 million under the table if you take the deal on paper'. If not I could see a situation like that going down.
Reply 432
Also regarding the Wade to Cavs situation. It's a little shady but is it illegal for LeBron to be like 'You're my boy, I just signed a contract worth a billion, I'll give you 10 million under the table if you take the deal on paper'. If not I could see a situation like that going down.

Nice thought, I honestly have no idea :s-smilie:
Reply 433
On another note Ben Simmons looked good, he looked really good. Shame he's with the 76ers though :lol:

Guy is gonna be a triple double machine.

He needs to develop a jumpshot ASAP though, defences are gonna lay off him at the perimeter....
Reply 434

LOOL no way :rofl: !

Yeah that's almost definitely against League rules and/or the CBA agreement.

Edit: David West has also joined the Warriors on a Vet Min.
David West is one I spcifically remember saying he would never ring chase. What a liar :lol:
So is Timmy gone or?
Reply 438
Original post by TheLittlestElf
So is Timmy gone or?

Probably soon. :frown:

Sad day. He was always gonna retire on the down low :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest