The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charl_1997
I was a Christmas temp with like 30 other people and we all got kept on

30? wow! Thanks for the reply.....
Could someone tell me how quick they auto-deny your application if you get the wrong answers on their quiz? I has been like 24 hours and seems to be holding up heh.
Reply 2582
Hey all,

I recently got offered a job in the women's accessories department. Just wondering, will they train me elsewhere as well? Or just there? I have a feeling that department isn't going to that busy so I'm not going to have much opportunity for overtime etc.
Original post by Kaiex
Hey all,

I recently got offered a job in the women's accessories department. Just wondering, will they train me elsewhere as well? Or just there? I have a feeling that department isn't going to that busy so I'm not going to have much opportunity for overtime etc.

How long did they take to get back to you after the end date of the application?
Reply 2584
They got back to me within a week of applying, then had my induction two weeks later (yesterday)
Reply 2585
Original post by todayisnight
How long did they take to get back to you after the end date of the application?

To be even more precise, just checked my emails. I applied on the 9th of Feb, they offered me an interview on the 12th which was later in the month. Then got back to me a week later to say I had the job.
Original post by Kaiex
To be even more precise, just checked my emails. I applied on the 9th of Feb, they offered me an interview on the 12th which was later in the month. Then got back to me a week later to say I had the job.

Thanks for checking!

Hopefully I will hear something soon, these retail application processes drive me crazy sometimes!!
I hate working in primark.
Esp the south london one.
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
I hate working in primark.
Esp the south london one.

Oh? how come... I applied for a few London ones.
Oh? how come... I applied for a few London ones.

It's **** there. The managers suck too. I want to transfer to a C.London one, maybe.
Reply 2590
Thanks for checking!

Hopefully I will hear something soon, these retail application processes drive me crazy sometimes!!

Not a problem! Yeah they drove me crazy as well. Such a lengthy process and so much waiting around.
I've been for my induction today and I'm not happy with what I'll be doing as it's fitting rooms and i would rather be on tills.. Before my induction the manager said I could do weekend work but I said I'll stick to my hours and now I've changed my mind and world rather work weekends cause I'll be more than likely to work on tills.. I got my 2nd induction tomorrow can I ask them if I can do weekends instead and it be fine ?
Original post by Clare Thomas
I've been for my induction today and I'm not happy with what I'll be doing as it's fitting rooms and i would rather be on tills.. Before my induction the manager said I could do weekend work but I said I'll stick to my hours and now I've changed my mind and world rather work weekends cause I'll be more than likely to work on tills.. I got my 2nd induction tomorrow can I ask them if I can do weekends instead and it be fine ?
Does anyone know what the night shift pay is for Primark?
Original post by AthiaKarim
Does anyone know what the night shift pay is for Primark?

No idea depends on the region store anything above 7 quid and below 8 i believe.
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
No idea depends on the region store anything above 7 quid and below 8 i believe.

Oh damn, I was hoping it was around 8-9 pounds per hour. Oh well

I read online about a 20% prenium, I think that's about right.
Original post by AthiaKarim
Oh damn, I was hoping it was around 8-9 pounds per hour. Oh well

I read online about a 20% prenium, I think that's about right.

Something like that haha, hated working in Primark though, even for part-time, it sucked,
Got my induction at the manchester store on saturday, can anyone tell me what it'll be like or give me tips etc? So nervous!

Also does getting an induction mean I've got the job or is this just like a second interview stage
Original post by Dr. Spëghnks
Got my induction at the manchester store on saturday, can anyone tell me what it'll be like or give me tips etc? So nervous!

Also does getting an induction mean I've got the job or is this just like a second interview stage

If you have an induction it means you were successful in your interview and have got the job. Congratulations! :h:

Essentially they will talk you through lots of information on the company and store and all of their policies and stuff. They will also give you a tour of the store and you'll probably work on the shop floor for a bit too.

It's absolutely nothing to worry about. Make sure you bring your documents and bank details etc. However, you will receive information from them on what to bring and so on.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions you have! :smile:
Original post by ROC10
If you have an induction it means you were successful in your interview and have got the job. Congratulations! :h:

Essentially they will talk you through lots of information on the company and store and all of their policies and stuff. They will also give you a tour of the store and you'll probably work on the shop floor for a bit too.

It's absolutely nothing to worry about. Make sure you bring your documents and bank details etc. However, you will receive information from them on what to bring and so on.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions you have! :smile:

Okay thats really helpful, thank you!

Do you know how long it usually takes and if you get paid for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending