The Student Room Group

I cannot go for a wee

I have this problem, I'm pretty sure it's mental, in which I simply can't go for a wee unless I'm absolutely busting. I used to be able to. It was mainly in toilets that I'm not used to, like in public. I've had this for years. However, in recent months I've been experiencing it more often in my own toilet. But, I recently got rid of that toilet (against my will) and a new one has been installed. Now, it's a different toilet I simply can't go unless I'm busting, it seems. Not sure what to do about it but it's making me quite depressed.
I hate it when people use the term 'depressed' lightly. :colonhash:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I hate it when people use the term 'depressed' lightly. :colonhash:

I tried to commit suicide because of it yesterday. I think I know how to use 'depressed' properly.
I tried to commit suicide because of it yesterday. I think I know how to use 'depressed' properly.

You tried to commit suicide 'cause you couldn't piss properly?

Why belittle someone? Just because you don't think its a big deal doesn't mean OP doesn't. Stop being to stuck up - either be helpful/ supportive or shut up.
Reply 5

Not being able to do something most over people do as though it is nothing has extremely degraded my mental state.
Go doctors sounds like it's your pelvic floor muscles or something*
If you already have depression: do you have a counsellor? Maybe speak to them?
If not maybe see your GP. This is not funny:
you will eventually not know when to go and can end up incontinent
you will stretch your bladder
you run the risk of bacterial infection in the bladder which can lead to kidney infections and other UTIs
you may deliberately reduce the amount of liquid you take in. Long term dehydration can lead to kidney stones. They are not funny: about as painful as child birth and may require surgery. If you live in a hard water (chalky) area then the potential is far worse.

Sort it out: you probably feel like a freak but your GP has heard it all before. They may be a little surprised but it's not uncommon. Good luck!
Reply 8
I can go if I drink a lot, which is what I now do, but I feel extremely frustrated about it. I have to time everything around this, like if I'm going out I need to time when I drink and go to the toilet around that. Every time I need to risk either not drinking and not going to the toilet, drinking and going to the toilet or drinking and failing to go to the toilet meaning I'm desperate to go when I go out.
same

Quick Reply

Latest