The Student Room Group

Jisc code

Hi,
I need some help as I am really worried. At my university we use jisc codes. And we were told not to give the code to people who are not there. Unfortunately one lesson a student put in the unofficial student whats app group. Asking for the code. This student was in the group as I had spoken to her and was in a break out room ( online lecture) but nipped out for a wee when the code was given. So I responded and gave her the code. Now I have been asked to attend a meeting about it. What's going to happen and can I get kicked off the course.
Reply 1
Original post by Julian36
Hi,
I need some help as I am really worried. At my university we use jisc codes. And we were told not to give the code to people who are not there. Unfortunately one lesson a student put in the unofficial student whats app group. Asking for the code. This student was in the group as I had spoken to her and was in a break out room ( online lecture) but nipped out for a wee when the code was given. So I responded and gave her the code. Now I have been asked to attend a meeting about it. What's going to happen and can I get kicked off the course.

You'll need to provide context for the question. Jisc is an organisation that provides a number of different services.

What are you using "jisc codes" for? Is this for attendance monitoring? Or for something else.

Without context it's difficult to understand how serious this might be.
Reply 2
Sorry attendance monitoring at uni
Reply 3
If she was present in the online session, there will be an electronic record of her presence so I don't see the issue here. In other words, she was not there when the code was given, which sometimes happens. However, she also might have signed in for the session then went off to do something else, in which case you have facilitated that. I don't think you're in any serious trouble but you need to be upfront about what happened.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for replying. The situation has escalated now into bullying and a complete nightmare.
Reply 5
Have you spoken to the Students' Union about this? They might be able to advise or even support you in the meeting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending