The Student Room Group

Becoming an external candidate without going to college?

Hi, last year I picked up biology chemistry and philosophy and I must say its all gonna wrong for me this year.

I'm at the risk of failing bio and philosophy I got a B in my chem so I'm allowed to take that for the second year. If I don't pass bio or philosophy then I'm not allowed into college next year and I really don't want to do extra two years anywhere else. I was thinking could I stay at home and become an external candidate for all three subjects without having to go college? How would that work and if not then what else would I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Ahm3D
Hi, last year I picked up biology chemistry and philosophy and I must say its all gonna wrong for me this year.

I'm at the risk of failing bio and philosophy I got a B in my chem so I'm allowed to take that for the second year. If I don't pass bio or philosophy then I'm not allowed into college next year and I really don't want to do extra two years anywhere else. I was thinking could I stay at home and become an external candidate for all three subjects without having to go college? How would that work and if not then what else would I do?

It is possible to study independently, but it's difficult - and since you're already failing it will be so much harder. You'll need to learn material on your own, when you struggled even though you had help. If you want to do this you need to think about why you failed and see how you can improve that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending