The Student Room Group

Does dating get harder once you get past 25?

When i was 18 and in my early 20s i was ugly and fatter than i was now. I stopped dating for a long time and i became a bit of a recluse with depression. Lately I've been in the gym 4-5 mornings a week and focussing on other things and my health really is improving. Still a way to go, but I can see a positive future now. Initially the reason why I went to the gym was to build a body that would attract women, but it's become much more than that. It's like the gym is my cave lol. It's medication.

I'm 27 now It seems harder to meet and interact with women my age that are single. I feel as though I sort of missed out. I kinda wish i hit the gym and started focussing on myself earlier. All the women i meet that are my age seem to be in relationships and are settling down. I've been out of the night scene and social scene outside of the gym and i just feel lost now. How the hell do you actually meet women past 25? When i was younger it seemed so simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you're probably still marketable to early 30s.
I would say age doesn't really make it harder
Original post by jblackmoustache
When i was 18 and in my early 20s i was ugly and fatter than i was now. I stopped dating for a long time and i became a bit of a recluse with depression. Lately I've been in the gym 4-5 mornings a week and focussing on other things and my health really is improving. Still a way to go, but I can see a positive future now. Initially the reason why I went to the gym was to build a body that would attract women, but it's become much more than that. It's like the gym is my cave lol. It's medication.

I'm 27 now It seems harder to meet and interact with women my age that are single. I feel as though I sort of missed out. I kinda wish i hit the gym and started focussing on myself earlier. All the women i meet that are my age seem to be in relationships and are settling down. I've been out of the night scene and social scene outside of the gym and i just feel lost now. How the hell do you actually meet women past 25? When i was younger it seemed so simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much. Everyone in their mid 20s are in LTRS and are settling down. Try different channels...plenty of Asian women out there!
I'd say confidence is the main key :redface: and age doesn't really matter.

Guy I'm seeing is 27 & I'm 23 :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I plan to marry someone like 10 years younger when I'm 30 :biggrin:
Why not date younger girls (say 22+)?
yeah I would say it is more of them are in long term relationships which they are less likely to consider ending some are even married etc
Original post by GlitterandGold-x
Why not date younger girls (say 22+)?

I dunno. I've yet to meet a younger girl who i would like to go on a date with and spend more than just one night with. Yeah there are women out there i'd love to bang, but i'm after more than that. It just feels as though with the majority of women under 25 there's a huge difference with maturity. There are definitely exceptions out there, but i've yet to meet one (who's single).

It's funny because when you're my age you actually have more cash to actually take women out on dates and throw away compared to when you were 22.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
For women yes.

Easy way to seduce a **** is to play on her age, do it indirectly, 'don't you pity those women who are past their prime'
As above, women, then yes, but for non obese men with a decent career, half a tolerable personality and sustained periods of sanity, then it should be easier for years to come.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending