The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Any point in applying to french banks without knowing french? (london office obviously)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ib101
Any point in applying to french banks without knowing french? (london office obviously)

(from semi target with an IB internship this summer & spring week this year)

Yes. I interned with a french bank in London last summer. I cannot speak any french at all.
Reply 162
Cool thanks.
interested in finding out more about the whole networking aspect, my uni hosts many such events but mainly from October-December. Since I'll have already sent off my applications by then, how should I go about networking?
Original post by econibpe
interested in finding out more about the whole networking aspect, my uni hosts many such events but mainly from October-December. Since I'll have already sent off my applications by then, how should I go about networking?

Ask them to put in a good word for your application? Tell HR you've applied etc...
Reply 165
Does anyone know where one might find the names of the relevant HR staff at BB's who will be dealing with S&T applications? For cover letter purposes - or is it OK to just address it to the HR department?
Am I right in thinking that you can apply for spring weeks in second year if you're doing a 4 year degree?
Original post by Robv96
Does anyone know where one might find the names of the relevant HR staff at BB's who will be dealing with S&T applications? For cover letter purposes - or is it OK to just address it to the HR department?

I normally just say "Dear [Morgan Stanley / Citigroup / Barclays etc.] Graduate Recruitment Team"

Chances are the cover letter will be seen by a whole series of different people.
Original post by Hamo2509
Am I right in thinking that you can apply for spring weeks in second year if you're doing a 4 year degree?

Yes.
Original post by Commercial Paper
I normally just say "Dear [Morgan Stanley / Citigroup / Barclays etc.] Graduate Recruitment Team"

Chances are the cover letter will be seen by a whole series of different people.

Same^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
How come I have seen people participating in SW at GS when they're on the last year of their bachelor? I thought this wasn't possible.
Original post by RWiz
How come I have seen people participating in SW at GS when they're on the last year of their bachelor? I thought this wasn't possible.

Are you sure they are not doing a Spring Off-Cycle? They could be doing a two year Masters following their undergraduate, which would make them eligible for Spring Weeks again.
Is it possible to apply for GS Summer Programme yet or only Spring Week at the moment? Thanks :smile:
Original post by RWiz

Weird things happen.

Possible situations:

- 3 year degree + 2 year masters
- Convinced HR somehow
- Degree length was longer than usual

etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by economicss
Is it possible to apply for GS Summer Programme yet or only Spring Week at the moment? Thanks :smile:

The summer is open

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
The summer is open

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know whether it's open to first year students please? Thanks :smile:
Original post by economicss
Do you know whether it's open to first year students please? Thanks :smile:

No its second year students or third year students on a 4 year Programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
No its second year students or third year students on a 4 year Programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Do you suggest creating a new account after a failed SW application or is it totally irrelevant?
Original post by Kiwith
Do you suggest creating a new account after a failed SW application or is it totally irrelevant?

Don't see the point tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending