The Student Room Group

Heading into Y11

Hi guys,
I am heading into year 11 in September and I really want to make the most of next year. I am working towards my aspirational targets of A's. Have you got any advice to best prepare myself for the upcoming year and what can I do to make sure I am consistently hitting targets.
Kind Regards
Jordan
Original post by JordanH69
Hi guys,
I am heading into year 11 in September and I really want to make the most of next year. I am working towards my aspirational targets of A's. Have you got any advice to best prepare myself for the upcoming year and what can I do to make sure I am consistently hitting targets.
Kind Regards
Jordan

Ive done a few gcses early and also moving into year 11 make sure you do a revsion plan and work from the start of year 11 leaving enough time for each subject print out the spec for each subject and cover the WHOLE SPEC
Hi guys,
Kind Regards
Jordan

Work reasonably hard throughout the year, this will make revision so much easier. start making notes from the spec around Jan/Feb and aim to be on past papers by March. Other than that don't overwork at the start or you'll be burnt out by May.
Reply 3
Hi guys,
Kind Regards
Jordan

Hi, I'm also going into Year 11 in September. First of all, I would like to say that you can join the current Year 10 thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3508493 and as soon as the new Year 11 thread is ready, I'll keep you updated (best if you follow me). In response to your question, the best way to prepare is to start making notes now for all subjects where possible and for content you haven't covered e.g Science Physics P3, you can make notes beforehand anyways which is better or make notes whilst you're covering the content. With those notes, it should be concise, so it should be as brief as possible and straightforward so that you can use them to learn the content. You then test your knowledge by doing past papers/specimen papers (check the specs) and mark them, don't cheat! After marking them and if there's any mistakes, do gap analysis - Go through weak topic areas and ensure you re-learn the content or if this is Maths you keep practising e.g if the topic you've struggled on is Trigonometry do a variety of questions and watch videos. If you do all this you will be fine and also make good use of available resources.

Feel free to PM me regarding any inquiries. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by JTran38
Hi, I'm also going into Year 11 in September. First of all, I would like to say that you can join the current Year 10 thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3508493 and as soon as the new Year 11 thread is ready, I'll keep you updated (best if you follow me). In response to your question, the best way to prepare is to start making notes now for all subjects where possible and for content you haven't covered e.g Science Physics P3, you can make notes beforehand anyways which is better or make notes whilst you're covering the content. With those notes, it should be concise, so it should be as brief as possible and straightforward so that you can use them to learn the content. You then test your knowledge by doing past papers/specimen papers (check the specs) and mark them, don't cheat! After marking them and if there's any mistakes, do gap analysis - Go through weak topic areas and ensure you re-learn the content or if this is Maths you keep practising e.g if the topic you've struggled on is Trigonometry do a variety of questions and watch videos. If you do all this you will be fine and also make good use of available resources.

Feel free to PM me regarding any inquiries. :biggrin:

Thanks so much for that I really do appreciate it.
Reply 5
Thanks so much for that I really do appreciate it.

NP. You're welcome. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest