The Student Room Group

C card scheme help

Hi there TSR, I have a few questions regarding the c card scheme.

Where do I register?
Can I register online?
And as I am a not of yet sexually active female (mainly wanting to be prepared) what would condom brands you recommend that you get under the c card scheme?

I believe when you register you state your preference but I dont know any of the specifics or what condom brands are the best ones. I want to prepare and I need to know how long do these condoms last for?

I also am wondering when you pick them up, how many do you get? And are they put in a bag or are they loose? Sorry for asking so many questions!

Thank you for your help
Where do I register? Most often it's at a sexual health clinic in your city, but you can also search online to see where the nearest c-card providers are

Can I register online? I'm not too sure, I registered in person because before you get it you have to demonstrate to a sexual health practitioner that you can put a condom on, by putting one on a fake penis

what would condom brands you recommend that you get under the c card scheme? I always go with Durex, because it's the one that doesn't give me any sort of allergic reaction and you can get so many different types to suit your needs. I once tried a Pasante lube and it burned like hell so I've stayed away from that brand. It is a very personal thing though, you may be allergic to latex and all, do I'd suggest trying a few out or getting a selection of different brands the first time you go.

I believe when you register you state your preference but I dont know any of the specifics or what condom brands are the best ones. I want to prepare and I need to know how long do these condoms last for? You can search online on the Durex website or any other condom brand to see the different types of condoms you can get and what they're for. The expiry date is printed clearly on the back of each condom packet, and usually they're given out like 2 years before their expiry date so there's no issue there. If you wait longer than two years, just go and get another top up of condoms, it's free.

I also am wondering when you pick them up, how many do you get? I'd say around 10 and a few packets of lube. You can choose what types of condoms you get based on preference eg thick, flavoured, rubbed etc

And are they put in a bag or are they loose? theyre put in a white discreet paper bag that is cellotaped up so you don't have to worry about walking down the street displaying condone to everyone.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!!
Original post by Laweren
Hi there TSR, I have a few questions regarding the c card scheme.

Where do I register?
Can I register online?
And as I am a not of yet sexually active female (mainly wanting to be prepared) what would condom brands you recommend that you get under the c card scheme?

I believe when you register you state your preference but I dont know any of the specifics or what condom brands are the best ones. I want to prepare and I need to know how long do these condoms last for?

I also am wondering when you pick them up, how many do you get? And are they put in a bag or are they loose? Sorry for asking so many questions!

Thank you for your help

I got mine when i got my implant
idk
you get what youre given..i get a mixture of random brands: durex, pasante, skyn etc
condoms have a best before date on them,
you usually get 12 in an envolope when you pick them up
Reply 3
Where do I register?

At your nearest pick up point - you can find out where that is online

Can I register online?

dont think so - when you register and/or maybe when you pick up too you speak to a worker who goes through a few questions with you to check you are being safe, not being pressured into sex etc. When they're satisfied you are safe and know how to use the condoms they give you some

And as I am a not of yet sexually active female (mainly wanting to be prepared) what would condom brands you recommend that you get under the c card scheme? I believe when you register you state your preference but I dont know any of the specifics or what condom brands are the best ones. I want to prepare and I need to know how long do these condoms last for?

Depends where you go. At the centre my support worker is based at they do C-card but they just give out the same brand as that is what they get from the NHS. People don't choose. You get what you are given. Sometimes you get some lube in there too. There will be a date on them.

You get about 12 in a paper bag
Reply 4
Original post by danuuutka
Where do I register? Most often it's at a sexual health clinic in your city, but you can also search online to see where the nearest c-card providers are

Can I register online? I'm not too sure, I registered in person because before you get it you have to demonstrate to a sexual health practitioner that you can put a condom on, by putting one on a fake penis

what would condom brands you recommend that you get under the c card scheme? I always go with Durex, because it's the one that doesn't give me any sort of allergic reaction and you can get so many different types to suit your needs. I once tried a Pasante lube and it burned like hell so I've stayed away from that brand. It is a very personal thing though, you may be allergic to latex and all, do I'd suggest trying a few out or getting a selection of different brands the first time you go.

I believe when you register you state your preference but I dont know any of the specifics or what condom brands are the best ones. I want to prepare and I need to know how long do these condoms last for? You can search online on the Durex website or any other condom brand to see the different types of condoms you can get and what they're for. The expiry date is printed clearly on the back of each condom packet, and usually they're given out like 2 years before their expiry date so there's no issue there. If you wait longer than two years, just go and get another top up of condoms, it's free.

I also am wondering when you pick them up, how many do you get? I'd say around 10 and a few packets of lube. You can choose what types of condoms you get based on preference eg thick, flavoured, rubbed etc

And are they put in a bag or are they loose? theyre put in a white discreet paper bag that is cellotaped up so you don't have to worry about walking down the street displaying condone to everyone.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!!

Thank you so much! Do you think it's weird for women to pick up condoms? Lol
Do they really make you demonstrate?! Oh god, that is going to be embarrassing.
Original post by Laweren

Not at all! The way I think about it is, don't trust another person to have condoms - like you may rock up to a guys house ready to have sex and it turns out he doesn't have condoms and you don't either cause you thought he'd have them. I've picked up condoms before, just makes me feel more secure! Prevents any awkward or frustrating situations!
And I'm not sure if it happens in all places but I had to do a demonstration. Sure it was a bit awkward, but it's quick, and you do it 1-1 with the person so it's not that much of an issue. The way I thought about it was that I'd rather learn how to put on a condom in front of an expert, or I get to the moment, and end up putting it on wrong and we have a big accident! It's not as bad as you think!
Reply 6
Original post by Laweren

As a girl I always have condoms on me, I now actually buy them myself too. I don't really trust guys to have one on them and some then try to have sex with you without one.

I didn't have to demonstrate when I got mine but that was probably because we had a presentation at school where afterwards we could pick up a pack along with the card if we wanted to. So it would have taken ages to go through all of us. It's a good idea to make sure that you know how to put one on properly tho.

For the type, I usually buy Durex realfeel I don't know if you can get them from the card tho. It's one of the few that don't have latex in them as some people have latex allergies. It supposedly also feels better but I don't have the necessary parts to tell you if that's true or not :biggrin:
I'd be a bit surprised if someone was giving away Durex realfeel condoms - they're quite a bit more expensive.

Usually, it's Pasante. Their condoms are fine and they're significantly cheaper for health providers to buy.

Skyns are another non-latex condom on offer: if there are any available, go for them at least to try.
Reply 8
Original post by unprinted
I'd be a bit surprised if someone was giving away Durex realfeel condoms - they're quite a bit more expensive.

Usually, it's Pasante. Their condoms are fine and they're significantly cheaper for health providers to buy.

Skyns are another non-latex condom on offer: if there are any available, go for them at least to try.

Depending on what size box you buy or where they're the same price as other Durex condoms. So if they give Durex, they may give out realfeel ones. But yeah, I haven't used the C card in a few years so I haven't tried to get them.
Original post by Devify
Depending on what size box you buy or where they're the same price as other Durex condoms.

I'm surprised, but I'm used to somewhere that buys in very large quantities.

Quick Reply

Latest