The Student Room Group

Anyone else think schools should do more compulsory PE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why would a school with an ounce of care for their students implement more PE lessons into their curriculum? :biggrin:
Especially with a more difficult education system being implemented (1-9 grading system/AS constitutes no value towards final grade/little to no coursework) every school will be focusing more and more on their academic subjects.
Also, you meet some cocky people whilst playing sports. They act like it compares to an academic subject! It was really great when I got my timetable last September and only saw 2 sport lessons per fortnight. The faces on some of the sport peeps faces was priceless!
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Well, Iets be honest who gives a crap if you can kick a ball on the beach. :laugh:
*coughs* ... chicken legs! (joke #banter)

I didn't.

Yeah fair enough if you enjoy football that's cool but I'd rather :dumbells: than play football everyday. If there's a option for choosing what you'd rather do in PE than I'd be happy if some choose football and I did my own thing. :moon:

Alright I respect your choice. But I'm still football. :lol: I swear you should be at gym right now hench boy? What u doing can't be missing out leg day now.

I bet your like this geeza.

[video="youtube;ILCuZ8S7m0Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILCuZ8S7m0Y[/video]
Original post by junayd1998
Alright I respect your choice. But I'm still football. :lol: I swear you should be at gym right now hench boy? What u doing can't be missing out leg day now.

I bet your like this geeza.

[video="youtube;ILCuZ8S7m0Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILCuZ8S7m0Y[/video]

that's what I said earlier. Everyone has their own preference so there should be a greater variety or at least options in PE not everybody is a football fanatic.

Nah brah, rest day. Gains are coming! :cookie:
that's what I said earlier. Everyone has their own preference so there should be a greater variety or at least options in PE not everybody is a football fanatic.

Nah brah, rest day. Gains are coming! :cookie:

Ight ight.

I swear one time you told me you take steroids.

Spoiler

I agree with you however, many of the people who do not want to do PE also either get bullied or teased due to the competitiveness of the sport and the people who are playing. My friend absolutely loved PE and enjoyed it so much when he was younger, but because he's not good at it he would get bullied by the others or shouted at for not being able to play and so he hated it after and actually tried to skip PE as often as he could because he was scared.
I think once you eliminate the 'you're **** so we're going to bully you' attitude, the popularity of PE would increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exercise should never be used as a punishment for young children - why do you think we have adults that hate it?

PE just needs to change - we only ever did sprinting and netball, both of which I sucked at (and, I had a UK u-16 200m sprinter in my class, and 2 members of the UK u-21 netball) ... Variety is the key to letting people understand that exercise can be fun.
Yeah but you'd burn more calories if you actually did exercise rather than playing football, or basketball?
Not everybody likes those types of sports.
I would happily run on a treadmill, do rowing, boxing, weights, lunges, squats, etc for an hour rather than playing *****y sports that I take no interest in.
I think more emphasis should be placed on building fitness than on sports. Most of my time in PE was spent watching other people because there wasn't enough room for everyone to play at once and no one ever passed the ball to me anyway 😂. I would have benefited from PE if we could have done something else.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Yeah but you'd burn more calories if you actually did exercise rather than playing football, or basketball?
Not everybody likes those types of sports.
I would happily run on a treadmill, do rowing, boxing, weights, lunges, squats, etc for an hour rather than playing *****y sports that I take no interest in.

:five:
Yes, kids should do more PE in schools. I heard from a very reputable source that regular exercise can prevent homosexuality. So clearly it would be of benefit to the children.
:five:

Or you could have some bantz with the lads and play some footy. :giggle:
only if they make u learn MMA
Original post by junayd1998
Ah you just care about gains n **** lmao. :tongue: I'm only saying football cuz it was fun and everyone enjoyed playing it.

Trust me fam, not every day protein shakes and bicep curls uno
I can relate. :five: I'd have guys who would be really good at football and other sports get stuck between picking me a skinny boy v.s obese boy in PE last. fml!

Thank god, looking back now they all look sh1t af and I'm aesthetic af. :grin:
Guess karma is a btch! :biggrin:

Story of my life, despite my love for football I was always picked last, even the people who could barely run fast were picked instead of me like wtf brah. Now I outlift all these betas. Karma is indeed a *****.
100% More competitive sports and stuff. Double the number of lessons and more clubs. Also make sure girls have same choices, but aren't doing sport against the boys like mixed teams
I saw on the news a while ago that some primary schools are making it compulsory to do a run or walk, probably a mile, every morning. As someone who is going to study for an education degree in September and hopefully become a primary school teacher - I would make/encourage my students to do it (maybe less than a mile if key stage 1). I would do it either in the morning or afternoon after seeing how it affects their behaviour; unless of course an individual has a physical disability that stops them from being able to do so - but I'd give them some other (nice) work to do or wheel them around in a wheelchair so they are at least involved.

It is important that children learn the benefits of doing exercise, as well as healthy eating, and not to be obese (or anorexic). It's not so much PE but it is necessary in today's world - especially with all the junk food around.
No, I barely survive the 2 hours... with a note!
I can relate. :five: I'd have guys who would be really good at football and other sports get stuck between picking me a skinny boy v.s obese boy in PE last. fml!

That was the same with me - until they realised I was a decent goalkeeper and one time I was picked first; I wasn't really paying much attention as I was never picked first and only realised when everyone started looking at me like "come on, we want to play!" :u:
I guess it was because in my PE group nobody could defend or keep goal so having a decent keeper would pretty much mean a win.
No.
Personally, I hated sports at high school but that was because I was forced to do sports I hated (rugby f*** that s***) or sports that I was at a disadvantage at like netball where all the tall girls towered over me :lol:

I think if I'd been allowed to choose my sports and do it at my own pace as opposed to forcing everyone to try snd compete at the same level, it might've been more fun and I maybe wouldn't have been put off by team sports for life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest