The Student Room Group

Does anyone else do this, or is this a really strange habit?

I've done a lot of embarrassing things in my life. I've said a LOT of dumb things, and my brain seems to like to remind me of these stupid things on a very regular basis, completely out of the blue. As far as I'm aware this is pretty normal. However, as a way of blocking these thoughts, I've started to sing out loud, or say things like "I hate myself" over and over again. This used to all just happen in my head, but more and more I'm doing it out loud infront of people, which is again, highly embarrassing. I feel like I have no control over it and it's become a habit. Please tell me someone else does something seriously, or how you cope with your brain being a nasty little **** like this. It's happening way too often now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hermitthefrog
I've done a lot of embarrassing things in my life. I've said a LOT of dumb things, and my brain seems to like to remind me of these stupid things on a very regular basis, completely out of the blue. As far as I'm aware this is pretty normal. However, as a way of blocking these thoughts, I've started to sing out loud, or say things like "I hate myself" over and over again. This used to all just happen in my head, but more and more I'm doing it out loud infront of people, which is again, highly embarrassing. I feel like I have no control over it and it's become a habit. Please tell me someone else does something seriously, or how you cope with your brain being a nasty little **** like this. It's happening way too often now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

See a therapist and solve these issues? I guess they won't leave or "rest" until you confront them.
I can't say I do that no. Do you do it while drunk or high or does it happen regardless?
Reply 3
I get this but I suffer from a few anxiety disorders so to me it's normal but I don't think it is for other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uhh... Try your best to avoid the whole "I hate me" routine.

Whenever I get memories that cause me anxiety, I just try to restrain any emotions and let the thought take place, I know it passes eventually and that people change, I can improve, become a better person.

Quick Reply

Latest