The Student Room Group

student finance wtf

. finished a levels and have applied for student finance. so my total finance being paid to my university is £9000. the total being paid to me is £3821. i wont to know why one of my friends is being paid the full amount, which is a whole figure more than mine £10500 or rather, and why the other is getting £7000, why am i getting sooo mcuh less? we live in the same neigborhood, out families have similar paid jobs, hell my mum doesnt even work, surely i should get more no? it just seems very very very broken atm, like they didnt even look at my application or something
Usually everyone gets around 3000 pounds bit you can get more once they look at your finances. How much you get depends on how much your parents earn. You need to send them proof of their earnings. I'm staying at home and I feel like 3000 pounds was enough for me so I didnt pick the option to get more and send proof.
call them and ask - i had to do this when applying and tell them of the situation,you may be asked to download a form , dw just fill it out and send it with the declaration form :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Usually everyone gets around 3000 pounds bit you can get more once they look at your finances. How much you get depends on how much your parents earn. You need to send them proof of their earnings. I'm staying at home and I feel like 3000 pounds was enough for me so I didnt pick the option to get more and send proof.

This.. You must have clicked the option to not undergo a finance check, either that or your friends have been lying and their parents earn more than you think. On the Student Finance emails and letters it should explain how you can get in touch to have a finance check.
Reply 4
Sorry, long day at work :') Thanks for the correction though
Part of it depends where you're studying.
Reply 6
Original post by Alexei Faull
. finished a levels and have applied for student finance. so my total finance being paid to my university is £9000. the total being paid to me is £3821. i wont to know why one of my friends is being paid the full amount, which is a whole figure more than mine £10500 or rather, and why the other is getting £7000, why am i getting sooo mcuh less? we live in the same neigborhood, out families have similar paid jobs, hell my mum doesnt even work, surely i should get more no? it just seems very very very broken atm, like they didnt even look at my application or something

Take a breath.

£3821 is the minimum Maintenance Loan (studying outside London, not living with parents). It indicates that your application has not been assessed on your parents' income. Either you accidentally missed the income assessment option off your application, or the income assessment process isn't yet complete and the £3821 is an interim entitlement which will be increased.

Phone SF and get them to check your application. If you did not choose to be income assessed, then they can tell you how to get this underway. If you did choose to be income assessed, they can confirm that this process is still in progress.

Have your parents been contacted for their income info yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending