The Student Room Group

What ethnicity do I look like? Picture included

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It looks like you're from Pakistan. My god I don't know what this obsession is that south Asian people have with looking like any other ethnicity but their own

Wow. I know I actually have some other mix, hence why I'm getting a DNA test.
I find your generalisations of South Asians to be very narrow minded.
OK, I didn't mean to send you a massive link. It was showing up as the picture before :colondollar:

Yeah I was thinking wdh ahaha
It looks like you're from Pakistan. My god I don't know what this obsession is that south Asian people have with looking like any other ethnicity but their own

I am south asian and I am proud.
Reply 83
Asian - Pakistani maybe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
I'm of Kashmiri ethnic background :smile:

Awkward.

What's your and your parents nationality?
Original post by Saba XD
I am south asian and I am proud.

Well one of the very few then judging by this post, what I see on the TSR and in real life
Well one of the very few then judging by this post, what I see on the TSR and in real life

Well you obviously need to speak to more South Asians then because in my experience its the complete opposite. The only thing that some South Asians tend to do though is worship light skin- that's annoying. But that's not entirely their fault. Its the way the media in South Asia, and beauty standards work there.

But I've never spoken to someone that was not proud of being south Asian or felt like their race was a bad thing- literally never met anyone like that. You need to get out more.
Original post by inhuman
Awkward.

What's your and your parents nationality?

Why is it awkward? Haha.

British, and so are my parents.
Turkish
Reply 89
Why is it awkward? Haha.

British, and so are my parents.

Well Kashmir isn't exactly a issue free zone on earth
Original post by inhuman
Well Kashmir isn't exactly a issue free zone on earth

...Yeah. Lets not get into that, otherwise all these other south asians are gonna start a debate. :rolleyes:
Well you obviously need to speak to more South Asians then because in my experience its the complete opposite. The only thing that some South Asians tend to do though is worship light skin- that's annoying. But that's not entirely their fault. Its the way the media in South Asia, and beauty standards work there.

But I've never spoken to someone that was not proud of being south Asian or felt like their race was a bad thing- literally never met anyone like that. You need to get out more.

Oh yes they do. Also just tell one they look like an Arab or a Turk or anything else that's not south Asian and they'll get a high off it or react to it as if you've told them they've won the lottery
I love gradeAunderA! :biggrin:
x

With the tip of your nose about to touch your inverted top lip and your frizzy hair and red hue to the skin, I'd say some kinda Asian, like Bangladesh.

Original post by Lord Samosa
Many Kashmiri's look kinda white tbh, so not surprised :lol:

Oh yes. what white looking bunches they are.
:rolleyes: Lord Samosa with the legendary logic again!

:rofl: ikr, eugh
Original post by 0to100
With the tip of your nose about to touch your inverted top lip and your frizzy hair and red hue to the skin, I'd say some kinda Asian, like Bangladesh.

Oh yes. what white looking bunches they are.
:rolleyes: Lord Samosa with the legendary logic again!

I said "kinda", from my own personal experience. Why did that upset you? :lol:
Original post by 0to100
:rofl: ikr, eugh

Haters gonna hate. You generally seem like a 'decent human being' though...:colone:

Well no, just because you Google Kashmir people and select pictures of brown people doesn't mean that most of them are now brown. Kashmir people are known for lighter skin, not saying its a good thing or a bad thing but thats the way it is.

Today anyone can be Kashmiri, you just have to live there and you will be considered a Kashmiri, regardless of background. Same goes for Indians, or Pakistanis.
Bangladesh people are usually of the darkest of Indians, Pakistanis, and Kashmiris. Shows how much you know smarty pants.
I totally agree, but its just something I'm very curious about since I love genealogy :smile:

I am actually south asian btw haha

No way?! Are Kashmiri by any chance?
Original post by 0to100

LMAO

Yes, those features definitely scream Bangladeshi :facepalm2:
Reply 99
Attachment not found

North Indians and Russians are mostly descended from the Yamna tribe. So that is why Slavs and Us look similar.I am also northern like you, but I'm not Kashmiri.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending