The Student Room Group

What can I do with an a-level in bio,maths,psychology

I'm not quite sure what uni courses can be taken with these a-levels, my grades aren't amazing..infact its not good, however I still have a year left (for A2) and I need to decide what to do.
Also, my school made me do linear qualifications (which are bio and psych courses) so what I get for AS may not be as important.. i hope.
Can anyone help?
Think about what you'd like to do and then work out what qualifications you need. Don't go to uni for the sake of it. Think about what you enjoy, what you're good at, what skills you have and get some work experience.
Original post by alleycat393
Think about what you'd like to do and then work out what qualifications you need. Don't go to uni for the sake of it. Think about what you enjoy, what you're good at, what skills you have and get some work experience.

If i didnt go to uni, is option 2 apprenticeship?

and sure, ill think about that
Original post by fishicakeyxx
I'm not quite sure what uni courses can be taken with these a-levels, my grades aren't amazing..infact its not good, however I still have a year left (for A2) and I need to decide what to do.
Also, my school made me do linear qualifications (which are bio and psych courses) so what I get for AS may not be as important.. i hope.
Can anyone help?

My daughter did the same A levels . She has offer to do optometry . if you are interested in healthcare, radiography or orthoptics are also possible with these 3 A levels. We also look into nutritionist or dietitian but most universities require chemistry . Only a handful accept without.
Original post by fishicakeyxx
If i didnt go to uni, is option 2 apprenticeship?

and sure, ill think about that

There are loads of options. Do some research and work it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You could do these subjects;
As physics. As further maths(FP1, M1 and M2) a Btec certificate. Or art or something creative I dunno depends on you. These may help you. You could always do something a bit different to your a-levels. As your A-levels are all quite respected I guess.

Engineering if the As physics/further maths. Or something associated.

You can always call the Universities up and ask them for advice.

You could always do another year Btec level 4.

Or even a foundation degree worse come worse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
These were the 3 a levels I did, and I went on to do a Clinical Psychology degree.
I know that is an obvious choice since psychology is a subject in there but I only mention it because not only did psychology help, all 3 were a massive advantage in the course. Biology meant I understood biopsychology and how neurotransmitters etc work, and maths (especially statistics) gave me a huge advantage for the data handling modules. Personally I am really happy that for my course I had those 3 a levels. Good luck in whatever you decide to do though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest