The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saba XD
I think you should read the article in order to get the jist of it. The title is a bit vague but reading it would provide you with insight. The article states and I am paraphrasing, that whenever there is a terrorist attack, it is quite obvious that it is a barbaric act, however why is the spotlight always put on muslims to condemn it? For example (and these will be stereotypes so I am sorry in advance), if a white man is racist, do all the white people apologise on his behalf? No. Or, if a black man steals, do all the black people apologise for his acts? No. That is because it is evident that these acts are wrong. Then why are muslims held responsible for terrorists? Then why are we asked to apologise for them?

I really liked the article. I hope I got it right though lol. ^^
I may have not understood it but the article was about condemning terrorist attacks not apologising for them. I will condemn them because they are wrong but I wont apologise because they were not my fault. I dont see what is wrong with condemning things that are wrong even if it isnt my fault. I have tried to read it all now but I dont understand some of the things he is saying. He should make it shorter and use ordinary words. If a Muslim makes a terrorist attack and everyone condemns it apart from Muslims it looks bad. We should all condemn it.
Reply 1581
Original post by guided1
I may have not understood it but the article was about condemning terrorist attacks not apologising for them. I will condemn them because they are wrong but I wont apologise because they were not my fault. I dont see what is wrong with condemning things that are wrong even if it isnt my fault. I have tried to read it all now but I dont understand some of the things he is saying. He should make it shorter and use ordinary words. If a Muslim makes a terrorist attack and everyone condemns it apart from Muslims it looks bad. We should all condemn it.

What words don't you understand?
Original post by Tpos
Salaam Ribbit! Haven't seen you around here for a while (then again, I haven't been checking the thread that often). Hope you're good :smile:

W.salaam. Yeh I hardly come on anymoree, but I'm soo bored rn. Hbu? How are your holidays going
is anyone awake now? I have a really important (kinda complicated) question on salah?

jzk
Original post by mercuryman
is anyone awake now? I have a really important (kinda complicated) question on salah?

jzk

You'll probably have more luck in the morning.
Post it now and I and others can try and help tomorrow Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tpos
What words don't you understand?
I understand them all but they way he uses words makes him sound like a politician and we know we cant trust politicians. I still dont understand why we shouldnt condemn terrorist attacks. why is saying something is it wrong to say something is wrong if it is wrong? Why is it better to not say it is wrong? No body has explained to me yet. It must be able to say it in a short and simple way. I think some people dont understand as well but dont want to admit it.
Original post by OGGUS
Do you guys think we should breed some lepards and tigers and other fierce animals to use in the War to destory the pagans. As their using inhuman methods.
There is not a war to destroy the pagans. The aim is to bring Islam to them not to destroy them and we cannot use war because all the verses about war in the Quran only apply to Muhammads war against the pagans not today so we can only spread Islam through peace.
Original post by OGGUS
Do you guys think we should breed some lepards and tigers and other fierce animals to use in the War to destory the pagans. As their using inhuman methods.

Apache attack helicopter > leopard/tiger crossbreed
I am not sure if this animal breeding conversation is serious or just joking.
Reply 1589
Original post by IdeasForLife
I am not sure if this animal breeding conversation is serious or just joking.

:s-smilie: well I am soooo confused.
Original post by OGGUS
Are you sure?
We're letting innocents die and be toturted. That's wrong too. So clearly what you said is somewhat wrong.

But the majority of Muslims killed in wars worldwide are killed by other Muslims, not "pagans".

Do you propose setting these fierce creatures on other Muslims? I don't think you'd get into Jannah doing that!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TelAviv
But the majority of Muslims killed in wars worldwide are killed by other Muslims, not "pagans".

Do you propose setting these fierce creatures on other Muslims? I don't think you'd get into Jannah doing that!

Spoiler

Zionists psy-ops here
#FreePalestine

Spoiler

Original post by TelAviv

Spoiler

Lol and you're the only one taking him seriously :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OGGUS
Not older ones Cubs. So that they are friendly then can be controlled by them and then they can actually kill the Jew/Zionists people. And thanks for actually taking this seriously.:h:

It's a well known fact that (((Zionists))) are experts in the magics of shapeshifting and deception, what if you raise one of these lions but all along he was a Mossad double agent, right there in front of you?
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
It's a well known fact that (((Zionists))) are experts in the magics of shapeshifting and deception, what if you raise one of these lions but all along he was a Mossad double agent, right there in front of you?

Oh okay that's crazy then. Extremely scary infact
Original post by HAnwar
You're not allowed to make up your own interpretations, otherwise you'll have a million Muslims all saying different things and giving mixed meanings.
We refer to scholarly consensus instead, however, extremists completely disregard them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

While having one peaceful interpretation laid down by scholars which every single Muslim followed would be excellent, in practice this is not possible. There are about 1.6 billion Muslims on the earth (I believe? Correct me if not) and there will always be people who would disagree with said interpretation or perhaps even be unaware of the existence of this interpretation. Therefore we are left with something which has a fundamental flaw and from which extremist ideas can spread.

I have some other questions which I have been pondering. I wonder, what are the views on homosexuality from people in this thread? Or more specifically do people believe that homosexuality is a choice? If you believe that it is not a choice then clearly Allah must be cruel, since he created all homosexual people and it is not a choice, then he has put them on this earth doomed to enter the fires of hell for eternity no matter what they do.

On the contrary if you believe that it is a choice and people have the ability choose to be aroused by a member of the same sex, then you believe that these people purposefully choose to make their lives harder? It is a fact that some Muslims are gay and imagine how hard it must be for them thinking of the fires awaiting them when they die, or even on this earth, the reaction of their families, why would they choose this?

My last question concerns myself. Although I do not believe in Paradise or in hell (I think they are just excellent indoctrination tools) I know people here do, it is simply in my nature (the way Allah made me) to question things for which there is no hard evidence. I simply could not be a fully fledged believer in Islam even if I wanted to unless I saw a supernatural miracle. Therefore I ask has the God which you believe in created me to be consigned to hell?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Original post by OGGUS
Not older ones Cubs. So that they are friendly then can be controlled by them and then they can actually kill the Jew/Zionists people. And thanks for actually taking this seriously.:h:

Let's go through why this idea is arguably the most ineffective and ridiculous idea ever conceived to help the Palestinians.

1. Tiger and Leopard Cubs are hard to get. This makes them expensive - Palestinians do not have excess money to buy the animals in the first place
2. You can't train an animal to somehow know who is Jewish and who is Muslim
3. There's a big ass wall between the West Bank and Israel. This wall is protected by armed guards and barbed wire - both of which would easily kill such a creature
4. Even if the creature could tell Jews from non-Jews and made it across the border, it would be killed within minutes of attacking anyone

You'd help the Palestinians a lot more if you spent the money teaching farmers irrigation techniques and buying them equipment to improve crop yields for profit.

If you personally want to genuinely help the Palestinian people, I suggest donating/investing in a legitimate group such as the Palestinian Investment Fund.
Original post by TelAviv
Let's go through why this idea is arguably the most ineffective and ridiculous idea ever conceived to help the Palestinians.

1. Tiger and Leopard Cubs are hard to get. This makes them expensive - Palestinians do not have excess money to buy the animals in the first place
2. You can't train an animal to somehow know who is Jewish and who is Muslim
3. There's a big ass wall between the West Bank and Israel. This wall is protected by armed guards and barbed wire - both of which would easily kill such a creature
4. Even if the creature could tell Jews from non-Jews and made it across the border, it would be killed within minutes of attacking anyone

You'd help the Palestinians a lot more if you spent the money teaching farmers irrigation techniques and buying them equipment to improve crop yields for profit.

If you personally want to genuinely help the Palestinian people, I suggest donating/investing in a legitimate group such as the Palestinian Investment Fund.

Okay I'll do something when I'm older thanks for the logical response:biggrin:
Original post by TheJ0ker
While having one peaceful interpretation laid down by scholars which every single Muslim followed would be excellent, in practice this is not possible. There are about 1.6 billion Muslims on the earth (I believe? Correct me if not) and there will always be people who would disagree with said interpretation or perhaps even be unaware of the existence of this interpretation. Therefore we are left with something which has a fundamental flaw and from which extremist ideas can spread.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

If you are trying to design a factory to make a particular chemical, you don't just get some random person off the street to design it for you do you? Neither do you go look for 1 book on Chemical Engineering Design and then go and design it either do you? You wouldn't even ask someone to design it who doesn't have the right qualifications but claims to knowledge. You would only go to the person certified to do the design to make sure they do it right because they will not just know about the right way to design that process, but they will also know and understand things such as how that plant may affect other actions in the near area or what they need to do specifically for your case.

Similarly, you can't just ask some random person on the street to interpret the Holy Quran. This is a book which even the Arabs (who regarded themselves as the kings of poetry and beautiful language) were astonished by. They would read the Holy Quran and would be blown away by its' beauty. How can you expect someone who only knows a little bit about Arabic or only knows about how to translate word for word but doesn't understand the meaning to give you an accurate understanding of what is being said. This is why there are commentaries on the Holy Quran, written by scholars who have studied it their whole lives. These scholars are the ones who can begin to comprehend and explain the meaning of the Holy Quran. So if you want to learn what Allah (SWT) is saying in the Holy Quran, look for the commentary of a respected scholar and read that, not just the translation of the Arabic.

Latest

Trending

Trending