The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jxh499
Hello there again sreddy17,

I think it was three days between applying and the advancement to the next stage. For reference here are the breakdown of my dates/timeline so far:

25/07: Submit Aplication
28/07: Invited to take the 'cosmic cadet' app assessment
01/08: Invited to take online blended assessment
05/08: Sat the Assessment
08/08: Informed I had progressed to the next stage - currently awaiting further information

I wouldn't panic about response times, so far they have been very swift in replying and very helpful. Also I can only hazard a guess that the speed at which Deloitte process your applications is impacted by the service line you've applied for, some will be longer and shorter than others, and the volume of applications they have received. So far I've noticed that Deloitte have informed me that they would always be in touch with me within 3 working days, and so far they have exceeded that!

Ok perfect, I will give it a couple of more days yet then! Have you applied to any other consultancy firms out of interest, and if so which? There aren't any impending deadlines coming up are there?
Reply 21
Exactly, I'm sure they'll respond soon. I personally haven't applied to any other consultancy firms. I've never been enthused by any of the others, I may have a consideration of others depending upon the outcome of my Deloitte application. As far as I know, capgemini haven't opened or KPMG, well atleast last time I checked, but then again I haven't checked in a while. I'm applying to much smaller, more niche firms for specifically compliance and risk management, as they afford a very high level of learning and development as well.
Reply 22
Hi jxh499, how did you do on your blended assessment? I just sat mine!
Reply 23
Hi jxh499, how did you do in your blended assessment? I just sat mine!
Hi ncha,

I'm just about to sit mine. How did you find yours?
Reply 25
Hello nchaAs i mentioned in the post mid way through the last page, I made it through the testing and i'm now waiting on information regarding the next steps. In terms of feedback i received from them, I got two below average scores, one average score, and two above average scores.
@BustingMyths, good luck!
Original post by jxh499

Thanks!!
Original post by BustingMyths
Hi ncha,

What are
You applying for? *
Original post by BustingMyths
Hi ncha,

What are You applying for? *
@sreddy17 consulting.

I would defo take jhx499's advice on how to approach the tests - numerical slightly easier than I anticipated but the situational judgement took me very long.

Good luck with your application!
Reply 30
Sorry for the delay! I got past the tests as well and am awaiting further information - do we know how long this can take?
Reply 31
congratulations @jcm222 ! I found out monday, I'm assuming it would be next week sometime but that is purely a guess, I would expect it may take a little longer for them to process the next stage, but just means more time to prepare!
Hi guys! I'm applying for the tax consulting graduate position. I found out last Friday morning that I passed the online assessments (after doing them on the Wednesday night before - so a pretty quick turnaround!) I've still not heard back regarding dates or anything for assessment centres, so who knows how long it will take.
Original post by jxh499
Hello nchaAs i mentioned in the post mid way through the last page, I made it through the testing and i'm now waiting on information regarding the next steps. In terms of feedback i received from them, I got two below average scores, one average score, and two above average scores.

im sorry but that cosmic cadet game is so stupidn!! It's like how good u are at arcade games lol, can u remember what u scored. I couldn't be bothered doing that one with the spinner got to close to the end then just gave up!
Reply 34
sreddy7, from memory i scored 169 on the cosmic cadet, I must agree it is quite a bizarre level of testing. zachyg, the important thing is that you passed, any time in finding out about the next stages allows you to prepare!
Original post by jxh499
sreddy7, from memory i scored 169 on the cosmic cadet, I must agree it is quite a bizarre level of testing. zachyg, the important thing is that you passed, any time in finding out about the next stages allows you to prepare!

did you do the spinner game till the end to get the 50 stars can you remember?
Reply 36
I didn't, I could never get past the second or third to last planet, and I spent about 20-30 minutes on that section alone!
Just took my blended assessment, how was everyones feedback? I didn't think it was too difficult, but looking at my feedback document I don't think it was enough :colondollar:

Situational Strengths
1. Creative Agent
2. Incisive
3 Inquisitive

Numerical Reasoning
Average

Verbal Critical Reasoning
Verbal Dexterity - below :frown: :frown:
Verbal Comprehension - Above
Verbal Reasoning - Drawing Logical Inferences - Above
Evaluating Evidence - Average

gutted I scored below average on verbal dexterity, usually love that kinda stuff! But I suppose I'll have to wait and see!

Good luck everyone - it's really not hard at all, just make sure you've got energy and are well rested! Extend your time allowance if you have to :smile:
Original post by sleepinglions
Just took my blended assessment, how was everyones feedback? I didn't think it was too difficult, but looking at my feedback document I don't think it was enough :colondollar:

Situational Strengths
1. Creative Agent
2. Incisive
3 Inquisitive

Numerical Reasoning
Average

gutted I scored below average on verbal dexterity, usually love that kinda stuff! But I suppose I'll have to wait and see!

Good luck everyone - it's really not hard at all, just make sure you've got energy and are well rested! Extend your time allowance if you have to :smile:

u did well dont worry!! what programme was this for?
Original post by sleepinglions

Situational Strengths
1. Creative Agent
2. Incisive
3 Inquisitive

Numerical Reasoning
Average

I did almost exactly the same as you! The only difference being I got above average on 'evaluating evidence' and I got through, so I'm sure you will too!

Similarly, I'm normally very good with spelling and grammar, so it was a shock to me to achieve below average on dexterity as well!

All the best, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending