The Student Room Group

Are you able to study an A-level that requires things at gcses that you don't have?

I am currently going into my last year of GCSEs and really like the idea of studying 3D design at a level. However the course requires a gcse in an art subject such as fine art or graphic design, and which I do not have. Is there any way I can do a gcse at the same time as an a level or is there a way for me to do this course?
Original post by Ella.Grac3e
I am currently going into my last year of GCSEs and really like the idea of studying 3D design at a level. However the course requires a gcse in an art subject such as fine art or graphic design, and which I do not have. Is there any way I can do a gcse at the same time as an a level or is there a way for me to do this course?

That entirely depends on the policy of the sixth form where you are going to do your A levels. Some will allow it and some will not. You will have to contact them and ask.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
That entirely depends on the policy of the sixth form where you are going to do your A levels. Some will allow it and some will not. You will have to contact them and ask.

That is a really good idea thank you!
At my school, the teacher asks people in your situation to produce a portfolio type thing, showing different techniques. This just helps the teachers to see that they're capable!!

Quick Reply

Latest