The Student Room Group

A-level choices?? help!!

This post is most likely going to sound extremely vague - mainly because I really don't know what I'm doing with my life atm :biggrin: I am awaiting my GCSE results but I have currently chosen my A-levels as: Economics B (with 40% business because the full economics class was full), History and Spanish. These are all subjects I thoroughly enjoy and I score highly in, however I know these choices will influence my whole future career which is why I'm so hesitant with my choices - I don't know what I want to do as a job, but I certainly want to study in University. The pressure is being piled on more because our school has decided to abolish the AS's for the first time so these are the subjects I will be studying right up to my final exams in year 13.
I guess what I'm trying to ask is - what sort of degree or university do you think would compliment my chosen subjects? Do you think I've chosen the right subjects? And, if not, please can I have some advice?! I don't want to be making the wrong decision :s
Reply 1
I think those are pretty good choice, opening up the Arts and Social Sciences. If you can, do Maths though, even if you have to take it independently and self-study. It would be worth it for the freedom it would give you to change your mind.
Reply 2
Original post by Assan
I think those are pretty good choice, opening up the Arts and Social Sciences. If you can, do Maths though, even if you have to take it independently and self-study. It would be worth it for the freedom it would give you to change your mind.

I have been thinking about Maths so I might do it as self-study, I'm not too keen on the one offered at our school because it includes a lot of physics and mechanics which isn't my forte. It is all about keeping options open though :smile:
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest