The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

freshers 2016 @staffsuni

hi everyone, I'm Lauren a student at staffs uniWho on here is going to be a fresher this time and what are you studying? do you have any questions for me?
Reply 1
Hi Lauren I will be a fresher this year I applied to do Web Design but I will be doing the foundation year in computing. I have asked if I could move into my accommodation on the 9th of september instead of the 10th but I haven't had a reply to confirm that I can. But I am not sure what to do when I arrive or how to enroll.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
we do e-enrol on line initially as its smoother when you get here for face to face, you also get to have a good chosen by you pic on your ID, as far as I am aware move in is 10th September. have you given admissions a call?
Reply 3
no i emailed them tho ask first which they replied to then i emailed again to confirm the dates but i didn't get a reply to that one.
Reply 4
Original post by Hepy94
no i emailed them tho ask first which they replied to then i emailed again to confirm the dates but i didn't get a reply to that one.

hiya, have you tried to call our RESLIFE dept? either Ollie or Rhys? you would need to speak with them,
Hey going to be a fresher this year and was wondering what staffordshire and the university life is like and what i really can expect? any words of advice would be great.
Original post by shauna9049
Hey going to be a fresher this year and was wondering what staffordshire and the university life is like and what i really can expect? any words of advice would be great.

Try everything even if it's just once! You will get the opportunity to do so much in Freshers week and trust me you'll regret it if you don't just join in. Ask questions, you won't sound stupid, how can you if you've never experienced uni life before how would you know, so if you don't know ask! Find out about the schedules of things through the year that interest you whether that's what happens around campus on each night of the week or what days clubs that interest you gather.

University life really is what you make it, it can be mega stressful if you get too relaxed and don't keep up to date, but it's relaxed and fun if you balance work and play. You can expect to be busy it could be course work, studying or it could be busy having fun weekends partying or going out and experiencing what Stoke and Staffordshire has to offer :smile:
Original post by Smilerman
Try everything even if it's just once! You will get the opportunity to do so much in Freshers week and trust me you'll regret it if you don't just join in. Ask questions, you won't sound stupid, how can you if you've never experienced uni life before how would you know, so if you don't know ask! Find out about the schedules of things through the year that interest you whether that's what happens around campus on each night of the week or what days clubs that interest you gather.

University life really is what you make it, it can be mega stressful if you get too relaxed and don't keep up to date, but it's relaxed and fun if you balance work and play. You can expect to be busy it could be course work, studying or it could be busy having fun weekends partying or going out and experiencing what Stoke and Staffordshire has to offer :smile:

Thanks i know i can't wait
Welcome to Staffordshire University - are you all looking forward to starting in 4 weeks?
Original post by Hepy94

Hey,

Ive just seen your post about not being able to get in contact enquiries team about accommodation - have you been able to talk to the ResLife team about it? (ResLife run the University Managed Accommodation) - they are on:
[email protected] or 01782 294221If you have any questions - or need help getting in touch with the team then please do let us know.

Kris
Original post by shauna9049
Thanks i know i can't wait

Hey, If you want more information about student life at Staffordshire then check out: blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-blogs with information about student life - where to go in the area and more - plus its all written by current and former students.If you have questions then please do let us know

Kris
I am quite worried that i won't get accommodation... I applied in May and my offer turned to unconditional last week but on facebook groups I've seen loads of people get accommodation offers and I haven't received anything and i am panicking. My application says that it is processing but am I guaranteed accommodation?
Room for rent in a 5 bedroom house on Ashford street, a few minutes walk away from both Leek Road and College Road sites. House is spacious and room is a double with a desk and built in wardrobe. Rent is £72.50 a week with all bills included. Sharing with 4 other girls. Available to move in straight away, message me for more details or info! 😊
Original post by Kirstynicole1997
I am quite worried that i won't get accommodation... I applied in May and my offer turned to unconditional last week but on facebook groups I've seen loads of people get accommodation offers and I haven't received anything and i am panicking. My application says that it is processing but am I guaranteed accommodation?

Hi Kirsty,

Really sorry that we didn't get back to you about this when you put your question in - my assumption is that everything was sorted for you?

Sorry - Kris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending