The Student Room Group

Stress waiting for results day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Workangel_24
Don't worry when they talk about other students. Most parents do that anyway. Just because you're not good enough for med doesn't mean you're good enough at anything else! Come on you know yourself more than anyone else. So don't let the negative thoughts sink in. Best of luck tomorrow! :smile: I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin: I've already looked at the GB's so I'm a lot calm now. I couldn't sleep yesterday as I was eagerly waiting for the GB's!! I'm getting my AS tomorrow.

That's a lovely thing to say, thank you! I just can't wait for this period of uncertainty to be over haha. Wow, I remember getting my as results, it seems like a lifetime ago! Best of luck for tomorrow as well 😊
Original post by Lularose83
I guess so. It's a shame that the activities I love simply aren't meant for me as I'm not good enough (medicine)

I'm sure you'll do fine.

There's more than one route into medicine (and there's always the possibility of a different health profession that might suit you).

Trust me - the people who breeze through life without encountering any obstacles generally learn a lot less (although that doesn't make obstacles easier to overcome it does mean they're worth overcoming).

The best thing I ever did was drop out of a university where I was unhappy and restart on a new degree in a new place - it was tough (and difficult) but it changed my life and made me realise how much control I have over my own happiness :yes:
Original post by Lularose83
Another thing that's stressing me out; if (when) I get poor grades tomorrow, my parents will be all ''this boy/girl in the news got A*A*A* and *will be going to Cambridge to study medicine!". 😥

Well my parents actually know someone who will going to study medicine at Cambridge, if they get A*A*A...there's always a way, if we try hard enough tho. It is stressful, but we can get through this as well.
Woah what happened there^ loooooool soz
Original post by Optimistsan98
Woah what happened there^ loooooool soz

The TSR duplicating ghost is haunting you
:iiam:
Original post by SkittlesMcgee
Does anyone have any tips to surviving the run up to results day? I'm barely surviving and its already so close, i can barely sleep at night and then I'm having bad dreams I've failed, I don't even know how I'll get to school on the day without being a mess. Does anyone relate? :frown:

Hey! I totally relate, unfortunately I have no advice on how to cope, its all pretty *****y to be honest; Ive been here three times (this is my third) so i can only hope to god tomorrow goes well otherwise Im screwed 😅 Only got one day left to go though so lets just hope today goes quick??? Are you waiting for AS or A2? X
Is Track down?
Is Track down?
Original post by Liberal 123
Is Track down?

Track is frozen at the moment but you should be able to log in (if you can't ring UCAS ASAP to sort out your account). It will be shut down completely at 6pm tonight.
"UCAS Undergraduate Track will be unavailable from 18:00 on 17 August until 08:00 on 18 August (UK time) while we process exam results."

Quick Reply

Latest