The Student Room Group

Got BBC in A-levels and want to go into Mechanical engineering what are my options?

Hey,

so my a-levels results were a bit disappointing and I got my insurance offer from Plymouth but im not sure I want to go there. Are there any other universities that would accept my grades as high enough to get into their BEng Mechanical Engineering courses through clearing?

Thank you in advance!
Original post by jeja12
Hey,

so my a-levels results were a bit disappointing and I got my insurance offer from Plymouth but im not sure I want to go there. Are there any other universities that would accept my grades as high enough to get into their BEng Mechanical Engineering courses through clearing?

Thank you in advance!

Hi jeja,

There's no need to be disappointed, there are still many universities who may be able to offer you a place for your chosen course.

Anglia Ruskin has available the BEng Mechanical Engineering course through clearing, if you're interested give us a shout on 01245 687 830.

Or if you'd prefer us to call you, send me a DM with your contact details and I'll make sure someone gets back to you.

Good Luck :smile:

Charlie
Foundation year 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can still get into a good school (maybe Russell) but you need to act quickly. Call up schools with normal offers around BBC all the way to AAB (bit cheeky), and try and get in. They'll be more lenient since most candidates have offers now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hull, Portsmouth, Coventry should be pretty decent. Maybe even Derby or Teesside.

Liverpool and Sussex are pretty lenient if you want to give them a shot.
Original post by jeja12
Hey,

Thank you in advance!

Manchester has a foundation year + beng/meng you can check out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest