The Student Room Group

What have i done wrong (as results)

I basically ****ed up my AS results and ended up with CCC in Biology (AQA) Chemistry A (OCR) and Maths (edexcel). I already knew my maths grade was ****ed but I actually thought I smashed bio and chem after doing every past paper and achieving either a solid B or an A and also revising from the mark scheme and going through the spec. I want to apply for dentistry and hoping to pick up health and social care alevel (1-year course) what can I do to avoid not getting an A in bio and chem (since it's a 2-year course my AS grade doesn't count). I will not be applying anywhere this year after these shocking grades and already have a guaranteed interview at Sheffield uni. Also if I don't achieve straight As next year is there any possibility of getting into Dental school through clearence.
Original post by nawolnation
I basically ****ed up my AS results and ended up with CCC in Biology (AQA) Chemistry A (OCR) and Maths (edexcel). I already knew my maths grade was ****ed but I actually thought I smashed bio and chem after doing every past paper and achieving either a solid B or an A and also revising from the mark scheme and going through the spec. I want to apply for dentistry and hoping to pick up health and social care alevel (1-year course) what can I do to avoid not getting an A in bio and chem (since it's a 2-year course my AS grade doesn't count). I will not be applying anywhere this year after these shocking grades and already have a guaranteed interview at Sheffield uni. Also if I don't achieve straight As next year is there any possibility of getting into Dental school through clearence.

Have you had a look at different access routes into Dentistry? It would help if you had work experience in Dentistry, do you have any relevant work experience? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you had a look at different access routes into Dentistry? It would help if you had work experience in Dentistry, do you have any relevant work experience? :smile:

Yes, I've worked at a dental practice for a month and a dental hospital this year. Plus I'm on a course for pre-dental students at the university of Sheffield they offer a guaranteed interview and lower the grade requirements to ABB do you think I've made the right decision for swapping out maths for health and social care? i really do think i have a better chance of attaining an A in health and social than maths.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis

Yes, I've worked at a dental practice for a month and a dental hospital this year. Plus I'm on a course for pre-dental students at the university of Sheffield they offer a guaranteed interview and lower the grade requirements to ABB do you think I've made the right decision for swapping out maths for health and social care? i really do think i have a better chance of attaining an A in health and social than maths.
Original post by nawolnation

The benefit of doing that course is that you can ask them all these questions too! :biggrin: . They're more likely to know the answers for definite than we are :tongue: . So good going :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest