The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

The Liverpool Excellence Scholarship

Hello, So I just got my results from my college. The grades I got were Distinction* Distinction* Distinction*. The course I was on was an IT Diploma Level 3 extended course.

The question I wanted to ask was if this makes me eligible for the Liverpool excellence Scholarship. On the page where the scholarship is listed it says that the Diploma is accepted with the grade D*D*D* which I got today.

If I am eligible for the Scholarship do you know when the payments for the scholarship would be paid out? (I was hoping to use this money to buy supplies for university such as a laptop for doing work).

Reply 1
I believe that it will be given in three installments. It talks about it in the registration booklet in the welcome pack. (pages 8 & 9)
But you won't receive the first installment until the 2nd December and there are a few conditions.So if you can't wait until then I would plan on buying your laptop with your loan but knowing that you'll have a bit of extra cash round Christmas.
I got my welcome pack in the post today so hopefully you will get yours soon if you haven't already.
Hope that helps,
Sian
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by siankj00
I believe that it will be given in three installments. It talks about it in the registration booklet in the welcome pack. (pages 8 & 9)
But you won't receive the first installment until the 2nd December and there are a few conditions.So if you can't wait until then I would plan on buying your laptop with your loan but knowing that you'll have a bit of extra cash round Christmas.
I got my welcome pack in the post today so hopefully you will get yours soon if you haven't already.
Hope that helps,
Sian

Hmm, From what I've calculated I can barely afford to pay my accommodation fees out of my maintenance loan never mind use it to buy a laptop... :/ Thanks for the info though.
Original post by Callum1708
Hello, So I just got my results from my college. The grades I got were Distinction* Distinction* Distinction*. The course I was on was an IT Diploma Level 3 extended course.

The question I wanted to ask was if this makes me eligible for the Liverpool excellence Scholarship. On the page where the scholarship is listed it says that the Diploma is accepted with the grade D*D*D* which I got today.

If I am eligible for the Scholarship do you know when the payments for the scholarship would be paid out? (I was hoping to use this money to buy supplies for university such as a laptop for doing work).

Hi Callum!

You should be eligible and if you are, you will automatically be allocated the scholarship in three installments, usually in: December, February and May.

You will be notified via email by the Fees Office if you are eligible around October time. This is because you will need to be a registered student at the University, which must be done on a computer on campus during Welcome Week.

Congratulations on your results and we look forward to seeing you in September! :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending