The Student Room Group

Can i still do medicine ???!!

I want to understand whether I should retake the year to get better grades or is there still a chance for me to embark on the career path I have already chosen .To become a doctor.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by shadow122
I had just received my as level results ,(Biology B, chemistry B, mathematics A and further math B).
I want to understand whether I should retake the year to get better grades or is there still a chance for me to embark on the career path I have already chosen .To become a doctor.

Don't give up.
I got ABBB in my AS results as well as flopping both my Ukcat(score 615) and BMAT( think my score was( 2.7 3.1 and 3A)
I applied to Durham, imperial, UEA, and BSMS.
Got interviews from both Durham and BSMS for medicine in which I recieved offers from both universities.
I worked my socks off and at A2 I got A*A*AA. In my results and will be going Durham so never give up at all!
Reply 2
Original post by L2Medicine2016
Don't give up.
I got ABBB in my AS results as well as flopping both my Ukcat(score 615) and BMAT( think my score was( 2.7 3.1 and 3A)
I applied to Durham, imperial, UEA, and BSMS.
Got interviews from both Durham and BSMS for medicine in which I recieved offers from both universities.
I worked my socks off and at A2 I got A*A*AA. In my results and will be going Durham so never give up at all!

How long ago was it that you had applied for medicine if you don't mind me asking.
Also I would like to thank you for you rapid response it has reassured me.
How long ago was it that you had applied for medicine if you don't mind me asking.
Also I would like to thank you for you rapid response it has reassured me.

I am starting medicine this October 2016.
I just got my results on Thursday
I had just received my as level results ,(Biology B, chemistry B, mathematics A and further math B).

Don't retake the year because there are very few med schools that accept A-Levrls taken over 3 years. Just work harder next year and retake some modules, get yourself predicted AAA and you're sorted in terms of grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by L2Medicine2016
I am starting medicine this October 2016.
I just got my results on Thursday

Good luck!!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by nomophobia
Don't retake the year because there are very few med schools that accept A-Levrls taken over 3 years. Just work harder next year and retake some modules, get yourself predicted AAA and you're sorted in terms of grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest