The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL still deciding on your application - HELP!

Hello all! I am an international student who placed KCL Medicine as my firm choice. However, I missed my conditional offer by one grade. I wrote in to KCL and they told me that they would be able to consider me by mid-August, however I still have not received a decision as of now - My UCAS just says KCL is still deciding. I have been accepted into my insurance choice, but would still prefer to study at KCL. I have emailed KCL but have not received any reply & am quite desperate at this point. Since I am an international student, I need time to apply for my visa and book flight tickets. As I am still waiting on KCL, I am unable to book accommodation or do anything, and I worry that I won't be able to be in the UK when term starts. Is anyone in a similar situation? Does anyone have any advice on how I can speed up KCL's decision or get in touch with the admissions team? Is there still a chance that I might be offered a place with my dropped grades, or should I cut my losses by withdrawing and going to my insurance choice (which is not my top choice school). I'm really anxious about this situation & would appreciate any advice :smile:
Original post by isasmatcha
Hello all! I am an international student who placed KCL Medicine as my firm choice. However, I missed my conditional offer by one grade. I wrote in to KCL and they told me that they would be able to consider me by mid-August, however I still have not received a decision as of now - My UCAS just says KCL is still deciding. I have been accepted into my insurance choice, but would still prefer to study at KCL. I have emailed KCL but have not received any reply & am quite desperate at this point. Since I am an international student, I need time to apply for my visa and book flight tickets. As I am still waiting on KCL, I am unable to book accommodation or do anything, and I worry that I won't be able to be in the UK when term starts. Is anyone in a similar situation? Does anyone have any advice on how I can speed up KCL's decision or get in touch with the admissions team? Is there still a chance that I might be offered a place with my dropped grades, or should I cut my losses by withdrawing and going to my insurance choice (which is not my top choice school). I'm really anxious about this situation & would appreciate any advice :smile:

KCL medicine, application status closed… cut your loses. Is your insurance also medicine
(edited 8 months ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
KCL medicine, application status closed… cut your loses. Is your insurance also medicine

Hey! Update - I got in to KCL Medicine! My insurance was medicine as well.
Original post by isasmatcha
Hey! Update - I got in to KCL Medicine! My insurance was medicine as well.

Nice

Quick Reply

Latest