The Student Room Group

Unexpected AS results for 2016, history

Hi,

I have received unexpected bad results for AS OCR history for the new specification while my teachers predicted very good grades. Did anyone else has the same experience?
Reply 1
Original post by coralfish
Hi,

I have received unexpected bad results for AS OCR history for the new specification while my teachers predicted very good grades. Did anyone else has the same experience?

Yes! I made a post about this myself, I got a C, which is still a pass, but in class I've never ever received below an A therefore I was really disappointed. My exam board for history was also OCR and a few other people in my class were in the same position. Hopefully the history papers will get remarked
Reply 2
Original post by H1212
I got a C, which is still a pass, but in class I've never ever received below an A therefore I was really disappointed. My exam board for history was also OCR and a few other people in my class were in the same position. Hopefully the history papers will get remarked

If you are disappointed with your grade then I'd stop hoping and see what can be done as most schools expect students to pay for their own re-marks. Get a copy of your scripts back (the deadline for that is next Friday 26 August) to see if one is worth re-marking or ask your teachers what is happening.
Reply 3
I already done that; you do have to pay and you can only do through the school. I will show to my teachers first to see what I have done wrong; perhaps you should do the same, to see if you need to remark. The school told me they would be returned very quickly, so you would have time to apply for remark, if necessary.
I'm hoping it's just an issue with the exam board. I've just finished my A levels and I got an E in my exam!!
Luckily I got almost full marks at AS and in my coursework so got a B overall, but was still devastated. Let's hope it was their mistake not ours!
I got a B when I was expecting an A.

Quick Reply

Latest