The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
To me there's arguments for both sides so I guess it's still 50/50.
Original post by IYGB
Is the answer yes then?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Kieranisda1
London Met? Let's just calm down shall we

Haha.
London Met? Let's just calm down shall we

People choose the city as opposed to the uni all the time. Especially in London.
For some industries and postgraduate programmes, yeah. Otherwise, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by asif007
People choose the city as opposed to the uni all the time. Especially in London.

100% agree
Original post by asif007

I would agree for most circumstances, but considering how lowly London Met scores on "Graduate prospects", in the Complete University Guide, It's location can't be that great
Original post by asif007

Lol honestly if someone turns down a Russell group uni for London met they must have been dropped when they were young.
Original post by Computer Geek
It almost definitely does. If you say it doesn't, you shouldn't attend university, end of.

This isn't universally true, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Computer Geek

I do, it's hard enough getting a job with a degree from a good university.

Snob much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IYGB
Is the answer yes then?

The answer is it depends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as its Russel Group, its good. Anything else is a no-go tbh
Reply 31
Thanks all for replying to my post, much appreciated. 😊☺️
Original post by BirdIsWord
As long as its Russel Group, its good. Anything else is a no-go tbh

Classic TSR trope #350.
Reply 33
It depends. If you're choosing between, let's say, Birmingham and Leeds, then no. If it's between something like Anglia Ruskin and Oxford, then yes. There are a lot of things that go into it too.

From an employer's perspective, if everything else were to be exactly the same, the university can make a difference whether it's just because it's more prestigious or whether they went there themselves or hired people from there before and had good or bad experiences.

For you specifically, ratings also include student satisfaction with the level of teaching. Low level uni means crap teachers which means harder to finish with a good grade.

But yeah, there's loads more that goes into it. Like specific course, modules offered, how you learn better. I personally think that if you're choosing between one in the 10-50 placing range, it does not matter much on the name of the uni but rather the course.

It makes sense that if you go to a uni you are glad to go to over one you just find okay, you will do better in the first one even if it is ranked lower.
Original post by L33t
xD the most brutally honest answer on here yet me thinks :P

It's really not, there are non-RGs that wipe the floor with some RGs. And non-RGs that are equally extremely strong in certain areas vis-à-vis RG unis. I'd call it the most lazy response this thread has had yet.
Reply 35
If you're uptight about that sort of shiz then it'll matter to you
Didn't matter to me though, I just wanted a degree
I would agree for most circumstances, but considering how lowly London Met scores on "Graduate prospects", in the Complete University Guide, It's location can't be that great

Original post by Ladbants
Lol honestly if someone turns down a Russell group uni for London met they must have been dropped when they were young.

Maybe London Met wasn't a good example. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone chose the city over the uni. You know the saying - uni is what you make of it. And I'm sure most people would agree with me that the uni experience is a lot more fulfilling in London as opposed to Norwich.
Original post by asif007
Maybe London Met wasn't a good example. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone chose the city over the uni. You know the saying - uni is what you make of it. And I'm sure most people would agree with me that the uni experience is a lot more fulfilling in London as opposed to Norwich.

Depends whether someone has a particular liking to webbed feet
Reply 38
Original post by asif007
Depends what course you're going for but I honestly think you made the right decision choosing London over Norwich. Many people out there choose places likeUEL and Kingston over Russell Group uni's because London has the financial district, cultural centres, entertainment hubs etc. If you want the best opportunities after you graduate, a lot of your time at uni will be spent networking with people in your chosen career path. You can't go wrong in London where everything you could ever hope for is right there on your doorstep. You would struggle to find even a fraction of those opportunities in Norwich.

Yes if it's Oxbridge,

Latest

Trending

Trending