The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pedrex
There's Two things i can think off, firstly she could try and get a remark if she is really close to a grade C, amd hopefully she can get a couple of marks. Or secondly, she can retake the exam in November. I don't know if i got a C or not either, so im pretty nervous myself. I wish her the best for passing! Sorry if my suggestions are not thet good either :frown:

That's true, i never thought of that.. And her college doesn't allow resits. I've told her that the college doesn't matter, it's how hard she works that does so. I am sure you have done great, and if not, you tell yourself the same advice as you have given me. The grades on a piece of paper don't define you.
Thank you so much, i really appreciate it. Your suggestions are brilliant, qnd even if they weren't i am still really grateful to you as you took time to help out a complete stranger.
I wish you the best of luck tomorrow :smile:
Original post by HannahBean9
Yeah, that's true, i remember when i first did the exam i didnt think it was too bad. I think that maybe because it was trending on twitter it kind of clouded my judgement.
Thank you and good luck tomorrow :smile:

Never band wagon on what overs think of exams cause usually they're right like on edexcel maths paper, first paper was quite hard, second was easy. But sometimes people aren't in the same boat as you e.g. Everyone found aqa geography human paper hard and physical easy but I was the other way round.

Good luck tomorrow too !!! :h:
Good luck everyone tomorrow, I know it's so stressful, I feel so sick with nerves at the moment but atleast it's only one more night.
I'll be lurking around on here through the night as I know I won't be able to sleep & with everyone in my house either having work tomorrow and obviously having to sleep or simply being able to sleep, I know I'll be sat in my bedroom worrying endlessly about my results, so it's super nice to have you guys on here to talk to. :smile:

I know everyone says not to worry, but that's just part of me - I'm a worrier, I worry about everything haha :smile:
I dont know what time I have to collect my results. Is it at 9.00am?
Original post by skoolskool15
yeah i understand what you're saying but what if some people needed all A*s to do a competitive course such as the sciences or maths at a grammar school sixthform which is really hard to get into?

Why do you need to get into a grammar school sixth form? A Levels are very much independent work, and the grade achieved by the end of it is 99% your own work. Now, I understand that perhaps teachers provided a lot of help for you at GCSEs, but this isn't practical at A Level, since there's too much content for them to just guide you through. You also need to consider the contextual data universities use to apply values to your grades. Theoretically, getting 3A* at a **** sixth form is a lot better than getting 3A* at Eton.

Wherever you go, if you don't work, you'll fail. These grammar schools that are supposedly "amazing" have steep GCSE requirements. How on earth is anyone suppose to conclusively state that the A Level results there are as a result of having great teaching? When you already have a cohort of very intelligent students, of course your A Level statistics are going to rocket! The teaching is exaggerated.

There's a place called Cardiff Sixth form college. It's got the best results in A levels in the UK. But the minimum entry is 6A* and all A* in the subjects you want to study. Now, when you consider this, is it surprising that they good A Level results?

Good luck, regardless of where you go.
Original post by shohaib712
I dont know what time I have to collect my results. Is it at 9.00am?

Check the website for your school, they should have the details

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahBean95
That's true, i never thought of that.. And her college doesn't allow resits. I've told her that the college doesn't matter, it's how hard she works that does so. I am sure you have done great, and if not, you tell yourself the same advice as you have given me. The grades on a piece of paper don't define you.
Thank you so much, i really appreciate it. Your suggestions are brilliant, qnd even if they weren't i am still really grateful to you as you took time to help out a complete stranger.
I wish you the best of luck tomorrow :smile:

Oh that's a shame, well lets just hope she passes and even if she doesn't, she has done her best and should be proud of herself. Thank you! I'll try too, I'll just be a tad disappointed.

No problem, glad i could help you out. Thanks, and i wish you and your friend the best of luck too :smile: just remember you BOTH did the best you could!
And i always thoughttime flied!!!:s-smilie:
Good luck peeps!!! :smile:
Looked at the time thinking "The earliest it's gotta be is 9" and it wasn't even 8. Stop dragging!

I'm preparing myself for disappointment!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Check the website for your school, they should have the details

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been doing it for the past month but they have not updated it at all :/
Original post by shohaib712
I've been doing it for the past month but they have not updated it at all :/

Oh wow. Right, I'd say... go up about 9 and see if there are any signs up. It's the best I can think of, have they got a twitter or social media?
Tik Tok.jpg
the last week felt so fast, it was like I blinked and suddenly I'm here
Good luck everyone and hope you get what you deserve <3

I feel you son
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Why do you need to get into a grammar school sixth form? A Levels are very much independent work, and the grade achieved by the end of it is 99% your own work. Now, I understand that perhaps teachers provided a lot of help for you at GCSEs, but this isn't practical at A Level, since there's too much content for them to just guide you through. You also need to consider the contextual data universities use to apply values to your grades. Theoretically, getting 3A* at a **** sixth form is a lot better than getting 3A* at Eton.

Wherever you go, if you don't work, you'll fail. These grammar schools that are supposedly "amazing" have steep GCSE requirements. How on earth is anyone suppose to conclusively state that the A Level results there are as a result of having great teaching? When you already have a cohort of very intelligent students, of course your A Level statistics are going to rocket! The teaching is exaggerated.

There's a place called Cardiff Sixth form college. It's got the best results in A levels in the UK. But the minimum entry is 6A* and all A* in the subjects you want to study. Now, when you consider this, is it surprising that they good A Level results?

Good luck, regardless of where you go.

Do they acknowledge gcse results from **** secondary schools? Because my school is literally ranked as the most crappest school in my area
Original post by nin-kaii
the last week felt so fast, it was like I blinked and suddenly I'm here
Good luck everyone and hope you get what you deserve <3

The last week may have gone fast but today feels like the whole week
I agree 100%.I got into hills road which has 82% A*-b and I came out with crappy ABCD AS grades because I hated some of my subjects and because Im just not that smart.I say put a lot of thought into your subjects you pick rather than the sixth form you go to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys this is a serious question - for my RE exam, i ran out of quotations and used quotations from some questionable movies (I was desperate...) - do examiners check quotes online?
@reachingforstars we're so nervous. Anyone got any tips for how to survive the biggest day of my life? I can nee believe that its tomorrow
Anyone got a phone call from their school asking to come in early for pictures? I haven't :frown:

Latest