The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
So many savage Durant posts on Facebook I love it :biggrin: "Durant reportedly applied for Australian citizenship at half time but later cancelled his application after USA secured their lead in the 4th"

haha yeah it certainly wasn't his best game. Still when you have someone go absolutely off like melo did it's going to be hard to lose, especially when the other teams best players are worse than pretty much everyone on you bench
Original post by samb1234
haha yeah it certainly wasn't his best game. Still when you have someone go absolutely off like melo did it's going to be hard to lose, especially when the other teams best players are worse than pretty much everyone on you bench

You know what this team USA isn't even that good. I reckon guys sitting out could beat this squad.

Steph,westbrook,lebron, la, KAT, harden, lillard, kawhi, blake, Davis, love, hayward. Off the top of my head. This squad I reckon would beat team USA.
Only players replacable to make this team better is kd for hayward. Melo for la. Klay for lillard(depth,enough PG's). demarcus/green for scoring/defense. Now that's a dream team.
Original post by MamzZass
You know what this team USA isn't even that good. I reckon guys sitting out could beat this squad.

Steph,westbrook,lebron, la, KAT, harden, lillard, kawhi, blake, Davis, love, hayward. Off the top of my head. This squad I reckon would beat team USA.
Only players replacable to make this team better is kd for hayward. Melo for la. Klay for lillard(depth,enough PG's). demarcus/green for scoring/defense. Now that's a dream team.

They would definitely win 100% I think everyone is aware this squad is somewhat second tier but yeah it's the Olympics and nobody cares so

On another note this seasons schedule to be released in about 5 hours or so.
Spurs and Dubs opening night? Hell yeah should be fun. Some other interesting points:

Cavs will be facing off against the Knicks opening night.

Christmas Day games include:
Clippers @ Lakers
Bulls @ Spurs
Wolves @ OKC
Dubs @ Cavs
Celtics @ Knicks

KD will return to OKC for the first time on Feb 11th.
Original post by MrDystopia
Spurs and Dubs opening night? Hell yeah should be fun. Some other interesting points:

Cavs will be facing off against the Knicks opening night.

Christmas Day games include:
Clippers @ Lakers
Bulls @ Spurs
Wolves @ OKC
Dubs @ Cavs
Celtics @ Knicks

KD will return to OKC for the first time on Feb 11th.

Hypeeeeeee
Hypeeeeeee

Fun match up for you and your new team eh!
Fun match up for you and your new team eh!

I predict Rose drops the crutches and then proceeds to also drop 30 :colone:

Knicks started pretty well last season IIRC

He missed the 3 though :frown: . They also missed a pretty open 3 to send the game to ot, but still a good effort
Finally back from my holiday and Christ, USA really not looking hot. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't get gold.
Hoping for the Australia - USA rematch in the final, and for an Aussie win. Come on Bogues my man. This Team USA is so disappointing.
Original post by Malevolent
Finally back from my holiday and Christ, USA really not looking hot. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't get gold.

Caught the second half vs argentina at my hostels reception and they seem to be doing well in that
Idk why but It feels like everyone in this team USA has been holding back. Like kd has been barely taking shots. It was only til kd took over that they started blowing out argentina. Also the offense is stagnant. They just run pnr and ISO. Too many times I've seen players just camped out on the wing. Seems like there's not a lot of coaching.
Reply 913
I miss Kobe :frown: :frown: :frown:
[video="youtube;XQOGbAVMeB4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOGbAVMeB4[/video]
Original post by eden3
I miss Kobe :frown: :frown: :frown:

Been watching a lot of Lakers highlights recently. Game 7 of 2010 in it's entirety is up on Youtube for example. That and some Shaq highlights.
Reply 915
Been watching a lot of Lakers highlights recently. Game 7 of 2010 in it's entirety is up on Youtube for example. That and some Shaq highlights.

Sweet.. same here, particularly Kobe highlights from 2013 and prior to that.. I'm reminiscing on how great he was playing in 2012-13 before the horrific injuries came into play :sad:

Might go watch that Game 7 haha... I remember Kobe had an abysmal shooting night that game though... (6-24)
Original post by eden3
Sweet.. same here, particularly Kobe highlights from 2013 and prior to that.. I'm reminiscing on how great he was playing in 2012-13 before the horrific injuries came into play :sad:

Might go watch that Game 7 haha... I remember Kobe had an abysmal shooting night that game though... (6-24)

I'm getting some serious basketball withdrawal :frown:
I'm getting some serious basketball withdrawal :frown:

I was actually getting quite sad that our thread was dying down :frown:

New topic? Most underrated players of all time?

Original post by eden3

Take some therapy fam

[video="youtube;kIZqOTIbWDg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZqOTIbWDg[/video]
Underrated players it is!
Reply 919

Take some therapy fam

JHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE get the **** outta here Iggy. This is the King's zone.

Thanks fam I needed that :u:

Quick Reply

Latest