The Student Room Group

My life is ruined isn't it?

I can't do A levels, can't go to Uni, failed GCSEs only passed 3.

Now what am I supposed to do? I have no idea what to do next... :frown:
Please advise what's best to do now I'm so sad and confused
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kryptonian

My friend failed his GCSE's and then ghosted (cut contact with us) for 3 years. Now he has a place in Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
My friend failed his GCSE's and then ghosted (cut contact with us) for 3 years. Now he has a place in Cambridge

Hi please can you tell me what happened and how they did it. It will really help me. Thank you so much.

u can do level 2 vocational courses at college or sixth form for a year which are equivalent to a gcse each and then the second year do level 3 (equivalent to alevels) or a levels

How can you pass 3?
Maths?English? science?????
How did you only pass 3? If you didn't put in the work during the year then you can't blame anyone but yourself
No. GCSE's don't dictate your life
Tell me about it, I passed all my GCSE's, all my A-levels, got a First Class degree and yet nothing to show for it.

Trust me, you want to be working as early as possible, so that if you want your dream job you know full well how to handle employment. Unlike many grads like me
Reply 8
Original post by TheYearNiner
How can you pass 3?
Maths?English? science?????

Maths (B), chemistry (B) and physics (C).
Winners are too busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful and too determined to be defeated.

Life is what YOU make of it.

You can sulk about your situation or do something about it the choice is yours.
Just look at apprenticeships, maybe go to college and retake 2 so you've got 5 passes as that's what some apprenticeships want. At least you passed the 3 hardest ones :wink:
What some people don't realise that GCSEs is not the end of your journey to your destination.

There are many options of what you can do after post-GCSEs results day - and that is to:
- Go to college and ask if it is possible to do your desired course and try to compromise - for example, going through intensive course then if you pass - you can get in your desired course.
- Go to the college and see what courses they can offer to you at your grades.
- Resit your GCSEs.
- Take up BTECs/NVQs/vocational courses.
- Take up apprenticeship or traineeship. (If you have learning difficulties/disability. you can have supported internship).
- Volunteer on a project or with a charity.
- Get a work-experience placement in a career or job area that interests you.

Hope these helps! :h:
You could take a BTEC - so many people look down on them, but my sister did one and she got a D*D*D and I'm doing one now with A Levels and have already got a D/D* in it. BTECs aren't all that bad, so many people get amazing careers with them. Dw, look up - there's always a way.
I was in a similar situation when I did not pass math Gcse. I then reset and passed then moved on to college.

I think you should do Btec level 3 applied science your grades should be enough for that and then resit other qualifications along side such as English as you need at least 5 C and above grades to go uni unless you are a mature student
I can't do A levels, can't go to Uni, failed GCSEs only passed 3. Now what am I supposed to do? I have no idea what to do next...
Maths (B), chemistry (B) and physics (C).
Well, something that you are supposed to do is re-sit your GCSE English. Is there a career you have in mind?

What about the following options:
- Do maths and chemistry A Levels along with a new subject without entry requirements?
- Get a job?
- Get any close to boundaries re-marked?
- Find an apprenticeship you'd like to do?
Do an access course, you can do it when you're 19 or just go back to college for one year and re-take your GCSE's then do your A levels, or BTEC you can still get into great universities with them, there are lots of options
Go into an apprenticeship in construction. Do this now and by time you are 25, you will be minted.

The university route is for those who want to have lots of debt and work for peanuts.
I left school at 15/16 with no GCSE's and I haven't done too badly for myself
Reply 19

Apply to college, if you are lucky, they'll take you and make you redo any vital GCSEs you missed out on (english and so on). Then work your ass off knowing that you'll have to GCSEs and ALevels at the same time, let that be a reminder that slacking doesnt stop a problem, it just postpones it.

Quick Reply

Latest