The Student Room Group

Physics or engineering

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Terry Tibbs
Could is not the same as does. Mate just go on linkedin, to get the jobs right out of uni that you need to become chartered you ain't gonna get with physics, the tiny fraction that manage it have to go through the drawn out process of proving you have the required skills to make up for not doing the MEng.

Irrelevant.

I'm not going to waste any more time responding to you. I've pointed out where you were wrong and where someone should go to get the right answer. Some of us here have our MEng degrees and are (or are working towards) CEng. We know what we're talking about.
Original post by Duncan2012
I'm not going to waste any more time responding to you. I've pointed out where you were wrong and where someone should go to get the right answer. Some of us here have our MEng degrees and are (or are working towards) CEng. We know what we're talking about.
No you didn't. And you have your MEng, so you know that you as someone with an MEng has a simple route to being chartered, you don't have an MPhys.
There are two universities that offer Engineering Physics

Loughborough and Heriot Watt.

I know zero about the course but they are good universities so maybe check out what they got.
Reply 23
Original post by Terry Tibbs
No you didn't. And you have your MEng, so you know that you as someone with an MEng has a simple route to being chartered, you don't have an MPhys.

Simple route perhaps, but not the only route. You can also do it by demonstrating the required knowledge

UK Spec:

Applicants who do not have exemplifying qualifications may demonstrate the required knowledge and understanding in other ways, but must clearly demonstrate they have achieved the same level of knowledge and understanding as those with exemplifying qualifications.

Ways to demonstrate this include:
Taking further qualifications, in whole or in part, as specified by the institution to which they are applying
Completing appropriate work-based or experiential learning
Writing a technical report, based on their experience, and demonstrating their knowledge and understanding of engineering principles
Until 2011, taking Engineering Council examinations.

Applicants should consult their licensed professional engineering institution for advice on the most appropriate option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest