The Student Room Group

Uni of Loughboroug

How would I find out the ranking of uni of Loughborough for Engineering physics ???
Original post by Fatamata
How would I find out the ranking of uni of Loughborough for Engineering physics ???

Check the various league tables to see if any of them include it. But keep in mind that there are no "official" rankings, and the various rankings that are published a) can vary year to year, and b) are ignored by industry.
I strongly recommend avoiding rankings, they are a waste of time using questionable metrics & underlying data.

Engineering physics is a niche course, lots of universities offer engineering degrees & lots of unis offer physics programs (theoretical/applied/combined...) however very few do jointly engineering physics degrees (this is the only one in the UK, I am aware of even though loughborough have been running this course for a long time). A big reason for this is engineering & physics degrees are accredited by different bodies and the IOP’s requirements are rather different to that of IMeche / IEEE / IChemE etc.

So what you have with loughborough’s engineering physics is essentially a physics degree with an introduction to some areas of engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest