The Student Room Group

What Maths do you need for A-Level Physics if you do not do A-Level Maths

What Maths do you need for A-Level Physics if you do not do A-Level Maths.
I'm currently taking Physics, Biology and Computer Science but no maths A-Level.

People tell me that I'll need to work harder for the maths gap between the A-level and GCSE maths topics so can someone tell me what I need to learn on the maths side for AS and A2 Physics.
I'm studying the new AQA syllabus by the way.
Original post by alen52213
What Maths do you need for A-Level Physics if you do not do A-Level Maths.
I'm currently taking Physics, Biology and Computer Science but no maths A-Level.

People tell me that I'll need to work harder for the maths gap between the A-level and GCSE maths topics so can someone tell me what I need to learn on the maths side for AS and A2 Physics.
I'm studying the new AQA syllabus by the way.

there is a book to help with this --> https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Level-Physics-Essential-Skills/dp/1782944710
I am using it even though I do A-level maths for the support

Did ASfound out very little complex maths is needed, I did M1 in maths which helped a bit but mostly its just re-arranging and using a calculator correctly and trig and stuff

About to start A2 - would reccomend the CGP book if u take it to A2 -gets more complex!Lots of C2 maths in there--> logs, exponentials etc. so yeah

feel free to ask me more qs, hope this helped u
:wink:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
there is a book to help with this --> https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Level-Physics-Essential-Skills/dp/1782944710
I am using it even though I do A-level maths for the support

Did ASfound out very little complex maths is needed, I did M1 in maths which helped a bit but mostly its just re-arranging and using a calculator correctly and trig and stuff

About to start A2 - would reccomend the CGP book if u take it to A2 -gets more complex!Lots of C2 maths in there--> logs, exponentials etc. so yeah

feel free to ask me more qs, hope this helped u
:wink:

Thankyou soooo much and yeah I'll message you if I'm in need of help :smile:
Original post by alen52213
Thankyou soooo much and yeah I'll message you if I'm in need of help :smile:

its all good dude, take care :wink:
Physics and Computer Science but no Maths? That's very unusual. What do you want to do at university?
Reply 5
Computer science at kings college university

Quick Reply

Latest