The Student Room Group

Should I reapply?

I recently got 2 A*s in History, Politics and a D1 in Economics Pre U. I have a place at LSE to study History and Politics. Next year Cambridge is starting a History and Politics course, and I was wondering whether to reapply for that or the HSPS course Pol and IR track next year. My main concern is employment, but I am concerned with not being in a city like London. My GCSEs are 8 A*s, 1 A and 1 C, so what do you guys think about 1. my chances on getting in, and 2. whether there is a point in me doing so?
Reply 1
Original post by Gambino98
I recently got 2 A*s in History, Politics and a D1 in Economics Pre U. I have a place at LSE to study History and Politics. Next year Cambridge is starting a History and Politics course, and I was wondering whether to reapply for that or the HSPS course Pol and IR track next year. My main concern is employment, but I am concerned with not being in a city like London. My GCSEs are 8 A*s, 1 A and 1 C, so what do you guys think about 1. my chances on getting in, and 2. whether there is a point in me doing so?

Reapply? Did you already apply? If so at what stage where you rejected? And what was your feedback?

TBH I think you would be best advised to stay with LSE.

(Although don't worry about finding employment from Cambridge instead of LSE, that won't be a negative factor.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Reapply? Did you already apply? If so at what stage where you rejected? And what was your feedback?

TBH I think you would be best advised to stay with LSE.

(Although don't worry about finding employment from Cambridge instead of LSE, that won't be a negative factor.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't apply to Oxbridge at all this year, and LSE was basically on a whim. It was more should I reapply to uni as a whole, and I would still do first at LSE, even if that's just because I really want to leave home
Reply 3
Original post by Gambino98
No I didn't apply to Oxbridge at all this year, and LSE was basically on a whim. It was more should I reapply to uni as a whole, and I would still do first at LSE, even if that's just because I really want to leave home

Stay with LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill

Yeah you're probably right, I'll be able to get to where I want with LSE, and probably enjoy it more than I would at Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending