The Student Room Group

Reapplying to uni

I’m taking a gap year, achieved 3 As but currently getting my econ paper remarked so could possibly change to an A*. Econ is very competitive and I currently have a deferred place for the university of Leeds for econ and geography. However, I’m really considering reapplying to unis that I previously didn’t get accepted to, including Bristol. Is it worth reapplying if I have more to put on my personal statement and achieved grades?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ella946
I’m taking a gap year, achieved 3 As but currently getting my econ paper remarked so could possibly change to an A*. Econ is very competitive and I currently have a deferred place for the university of Leeds for econ and geography. However, I’m really considering reapplying to unis that I previously didn’t get accepted to, including Bristol. Is it worth reapplying if I have more to put on my perineal statement and achieved grades?

Hi! I think if you’re taking a gap year then you should wait to see what the remark will be for the Econ paper, once you have that and feel like you still want to change Unis then I say go for it, especially if you’re sure you meet the entry requirements!! And you can do this during any of the UCAS cycles during your gap year or even through clearing during august. You would be applying with the class of 2024 once they receive their results or I think there’s a UCAS cycle before that as well! I think it’s definitely worth researching especially if you can get into a better uni or one more suited to you and your needs and what makes you happy!

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Ella946
I’m taking a gap year, achieved 3 As but currently getting my econ paper remarked so could possibly change to an A*. Econ is very competitive and I currently have a deferred place for the university of Leeds for econ and geography. However, I’m really considering reapplying to unis that I previously didn’t get accepted to, including Bristol. Is it worth reapplying if I have more to put on my perineal statement and achieved grades?

You would have to give up your deferred place to re-apply to other unis in the next cycle. You need to decide if it is worth the risk.
Speak to Leeds and ask if they’re likely to reinstate your offer if you withdraw and reapply. Many universities will happily give you some reassurance that you aren’t risking your place by reapplying
Original post by Ella946

Gotta love autocorrect!!! 😆
Original post by ageshallnot

Bagsy not reviewing those!
Original post by PQ
Bagsy not reviewing those!

I first discovered my passion for the perineum... 😆
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot

Hahah should have proof read
Original post by Ella946
I’m taking a gap year, achieved 3 As but currently getting my econ paper remarked so could possibly change to an A*. Econ is very competitive and I currently have a deferred place for the university of Leeds for econ and geography. However, I’m really considering reapplying to unis that I previously didn’t get accepted to, including Bristol. Is it worth reapplying if I have more to put on my personal statement and achieved grades?

Why do you want to change. There is no real difference in standard between Leeds and Bristol. Wherever you apply wont be massively better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending