The Student Room Group

Invigilation fee!? Resitting in gap year

So I am resitting a few modules in my gap year at my old school, and they have said since I am sitting these exams as an external student I will have to pay for the invigilators too (£10 per hour of my exams). Is this the case for everyone or are they trying to get some extra cash??
Original post by student__1001
So I am resitting a few modules in my gap year at my old school, and they have said since I am sitting these exams as an external student I will have to pay for the invigilators too (£10 per hour of my exams). Is this the case for everyone or are they trying to get some extra cash??

Yes and £10 is really cheap for an external
No, he should report them to the police.
Original post by dairychocolate
No, he should report them to the police.

:laugh:

What?

If you sit an exam as an external candidate the centre will charge you for the privilege. £10 is cheap considering most centre's will charge you upwards of £50
Op is getting scammed. I can only assume you're getting a cut of the £10.

OP, don't listen to this person. I resat exams as an external candidate (check my post history if you don't believe me) and my exam centre actually paid me £35 to attend. It would be absurd to pay them to have the honour of your presence.

OP, don't listen to this person. I resat exams as an external candidate (check my post history if you don't believe me) and my exam centre actually paid me £35 to attend. It would be absurd to pay them to have the honour of your presence.

Right, that's it, I'm suing you for death caused by laughter :toofunny:
Well, all things going to plan, I'm going to medical school, so I better get used to being sued sooner rather than later.
Well, all things going to plan, I'm going to medical school, so I better get used to being sued sooner rather than later.

Well they do say that laughter is the best medicine :tongue:

All the fees for the exams are okay, but it's a bit weird that Im having to pay for a separate invigilator when Im going to be in the same room as the Year 13s :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest