The Student Room Group

Exam centre is trying to charge me extra for needing access arrangements.

I have ADHD and normally need the extra time in my exams - I've used this in school before, both in my GCSEs and A-Levels.

I'm a private candidate doing my A-Level resits independently this year. I've just had to pay over 1k to do my resits (2 A Level exams) and my exam centre is asking for more money. they've said 25% extra time is an additional 25% of my fee. Is this normal? Isn't this disability discrimination?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by remaining-woman
I have ADHD and normally need the extra time in my exams - I've used this in school before, both in my GCSEs and A-Levels.
I'm a private candidate doing my A-Level resits independently this year. I've just had to pay over 1k to do my resits (2 A Level exams) and my exam centre is asking for more money. have ADHD and normally need the extra time in my exams - I've used this in school before, both in my GCSEs and A-Levels. they've said 25% extra time is an additional 25% of my fee. Is this normal? Isn't this disability discrimination?
It does sound like disability discrimination, but I can't say that for certain. I think you would have to do your own research.
Original post by remaining-woman
I'm a private candidate doing my A-Level resits independently this year. I've just had to pay over 1k to do my resits (2 A Level exams) and my exam centre is asking for more money. have ADHD and normally need the extra time in my exams - I've used this in school before, both in my GCSEs and A-Levels. they've said 25% extra time is an additional 25% of my fee. Is this normal? Isn't this disability discrimination?

It isn't normal - they might have to pay the invigilator more because the exam is longer but not 25%. Ask them why ...

Quick Reply

Latest