The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

How diverse is the University of Exeter?

I am considering this university for Psychology. But being a black female, I'd like to just know how culturally diverse the university is.

Obviously, my decision is not based wholly on this but of course, it would be something that I would be quite interested to know. And it would be nice to know that there are others there that a similar to me (even if not a lot xD)

Thank you
People don't like those who focus on race or gender. I don't think Exeter really cares, they don't discriminate on the colour of someone's skin or their gender.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by LenniesRabbit
I am considering this university for Psychology. But being a black female, I'd like to just know how culturally diverse the university is.

Obviously, my decision is not based wholly on this but of course, it would be something that I would be quite interested to know. And it would be nice to know that there are others there that a similar to me (even if not a lot xD)

Thank you

Their stats are available online.

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/staff/equality/equalitydata/studentdata/

In future, to anyone asking this kind of question, it might be an idea to look them up yourself. Posting the questions on TSR will just lead to loads of douchey responses.
Reply 3

Thank you

It's 70% white. It's so annoying because I love it there but at the same time I don't wanna feel out of place ygm. (I'm mixed race) I'm still applying though because it's my favourite one

Thank you

Hey, I'm applying for FCH- Psychology and Philosophy- at Exeter & I understand what you mean,I'm a black female aswell. I think the ACS at Exeter would be a good way to meet people even if the diversity ratio is pretty uneven.

Good luck with your application :smile:
for what it's worth exeter is what you make of it and it largely depends on the choices you make who you mix with. For what it's worth I'm a first year in a house with 5 other people who are ethnically pakistani, bangladeshi, nigerian, arab and a 5th person whos mixed race (afrikanner and white british) and some have found communities of people with the same ethnic identity others not. But nobody is going to look at you/stare etc because of your race. dude don't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending