The Student Room Group

How to reconnect with best friend

I have known my best friend for about 2 years now. We were inseparable for the last year and we both had some overlapping friends too. However, this last 2 weeks I've found that my best friend has become really tight with 2 other guys and doesn't seem to talk to me anymore.

I was miffed but I have other friends too so I have been spending tons of time with these other friends, and they have replaced my best friend for the moment.

However, he hasn't said much to me about why we haven't been talking and I'm feeling still a bit down because he was like an amazing friend, and the friends I have right now, whilst fun, aren't the same. I'm too stubborn to ask him directly but I have no clue what to do and miss him to bits. I also am good friends with the two friends he has become very tight with so it's all a bit awkward.

I've stopped talking to him for the last few days to give him space but not sure what to do as I'm worried he might now think I'm angry at him or something.

Summarise: best friend ignoring me for some reason, what do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I have known my best friend for about 2 years now. We were inseparable for the last year and we both had some overlapping friends too. However, this last 2 weeks I've found that my best friend has become really tight with 2 other guys and doesn't seem to talk to me anymore.

I was miffed but I have other friends too so I have been spending tons of time with these other friends, and they have replaced my best friend for the moment.

However, he hasn't said much to me about why we haven't been talking and I'm feeling still a bit down because he was like an amazing friend, and the friends I have right now, whilst fun, aren't the same. I'm too stubborn to ask him directly but I have no clue what to do and miss him to bits. I also am good friends with the two friends he has become very tight with so it's all a bit awkward.

I've stopped talking to him for the last few days to give him space but not sure what to do as I'm worried he might now think I'm angry at him or something.

Summarise: best friend ignoring me for some reason, what do I do?

dont reconnect with your best friend, make a new best friend (me) on snapchat; sean_doran98
Reply 2
drop him a text

if nothing comes out of it, it's normal for friends to drift apart. There usually isn't really a reason, you just sort of outgrow each other, and even though you still loved the moments you had together and you still love each other, the friendship just doesn't work anymore. it's better to leave it at that than try and force it back to how it used to be as that would strain it even more and can make you both feel unhappy - which aren't good memories to have imo.

anyway good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending