University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Don Joiner
I'm applying for Economics, and also Statistics Economics and Finance,

I have 10A*s at GCSE and AAA at AS, maths module scores of 100, 90, 92, 96 in C1 C2 C3 and M1 respectively

Predicted A*A*A* + A in AS Further Maths

Do I have a good chance of getting An offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got in with much lower GCSEs than you for Econ. My PS was tailored to Econ and Econ only, be careful if you're applying to more than one course. You might make a very general PS that might get you rejected for both.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I would be glad to assist any chemistry applicants! :smile: (I'm not a current student, I got an offer though.) Just quote or PM me! :biggrin:
Course Applying: Physics MSci
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (AS)
GCSE grades: AAAAAABBB
AS grades: ABBB
A2 predicted: A*AA
Supra-curriculars: Sutton Trust summer school, Attended 2 maths seminars, Maths & Physics tutoring.
Original post by Don Joiner
I'm applying for Economics, and also Statistics Economics and Finance,

I have 10A*s at GCSE and AAA at AS, maths module scores of 100, 90, 92, 96 in C1 C2 C3 and M1 respectively

Predicted A*A*A* + A in AS Further Maths

Do I have a good chance of getting An offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considering the fact that you have the highest stats possible, I'd say so.
I'm applying for Law LL.B. :biggrin:

GCSEs:

1 A*
4 A
4 B
3 C

AS:

Distinction* + AAB

A2 Predicted:

Distinction* + A*A*A

I hope my GCSEs won't hold me back... :s-smilie:
I'm applying for econ
GCSE 1A* 7A 2B 1C
AS AABC maths chemistry psychology physics respectively (dropped physics)
A2 predicted A*AA/A*A*A (still waiting on chemistry)-the A* is also in maths
Do I have a chance, and any tips for the P.S.?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oscar619
Hello

I've sent my application on 8 September but have yet to receive any confirmation or acknowledgment email from UCL. Am I supposed to receive one?

You're definitely not alone. I applied on the 7th and I was just as worried as you. I contacted them and I got the following reply: "
Please don’t worry, we just haven’t imported the new UCAS applications yet. We will do this in the next few weeks."

:smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Hanaan999
I'm applying for econ
GCSE 1A* 7A 2B 1C
AS AABC maths chemistry psychology physics respectively (dropped physics)
A2 predicted A*AA/A*A*A (still waiting on chemistry)-the A* is also in maths
Do I have a chance, and any tips for the P.S.?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since economics is not one of your subjects, it may be worth talking in-depth about an econ-related topic in your PS to demonstrate knowledge and interest.
Original post by gwagon
Since economics is not one of your subjects, it may be worth talking in-depth about an econ-related topic in your PS to demonstrate knowledge and interest.

Thanks for the advice I will do😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm applying for Psychology! Looking to connect with other people who are planning to go to UCL or other universities around London :smile:
Just wondering if we have an FB group?
Original post by dorababy1995
Just wondering if we have an FB group?

Yes I was wondering this too, would be a good idea if we don't already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for EEE
GCSE: 5A* (one with distinction star) 5A 2B 1C
ielts: 7.5
AS: AABC (maths, further maths, chemistry and engineering in order)
Prediction: A*AAA
Entry Requirement: AAA
Do I have any chance and any advise would be grateful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by dorababy1995
You're definitely not alone. I applied on the 7th and I was just as worried as you. I contacted them and I got the following reply: "
Please don’t worry, we just haven’t imported the new UCAS applications yet. We will do this in the next few weeks."

:smile:

Thank you so much! I was getting really worried. Any idea when they'll start looking at our Apps?
Reply 34
Hey I'm applying for Beng Mechanical Engineering

IGCSE's : 4 A*s 4 As and 1 B
AS: ABBC bio, chem, phys and math
Predicted: AAB

I'm taking a gap year to focus on my studies and resit the As/A2 exams for chem, phys and math cause I know I can up my grades. I know I'm not predicted an A for A level math but if I clearly state in the ps my intentions for taking a gap year to achieve the A in math will they consider me ? or the fact that I've taken an extra year make it impossible to get an offer?
Reply 35
Currently doing the IB and I'm hoping to study Comparative Literature at UCL. I have a question as well, how important is the personal statement for your application?
Hi, I'm a mature student looking at the brand new Medical Sciences and Engineering degree.

I have 4A* 8A and 1B at GCSE Then an Access to Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy/Medical Science diploma with 39 credits @ distinction and 6 @ merit, which by far exceeds their 18 credits @ distinction criteria. I worked full-time whilst I did this, front-line NHS.

I am also sitting an accelerated Chemistry A-Level this year ie. 2yrs in 1, (Chemistry is where my merits came from), tutor has predicted me A*, again I continue to work full-time in the same job.*

My personal statement is written for Medicine, but I have emailed admissions to ask if I can provide a separate one. * *

Do you think I stand a chance? I'm 50/50 about getting into Medicine this year and this is my ideal non-medical choice. Intake is only 30 students though so I expect it will be competitive.*
Original post by oscar619
Thank you so much! I was getting really worried. Any idea when they'll start looking at our Apps?

I really don't know. Perhaps "in a few weeks", which may mean this week or next week.
Hi everyone, I'm currently on my gap year, but I have a confirmed place for Modern Languages at UCL in 2017! :biggrin:If anybody has any questions about language applications or just the general process I'd be happy to help out :smile:
A facebook group would also be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending